|Location:||Glasgow City, Glasgow City|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We're looking for a dynamic senior manager to join our Glasgow team who will help us drive our business forward and provide our customers with brilliant experiences.
What will you be doing?
Joining us at an exciting time, you'll coach, develop and inspire everyone in your team to perform at their best every day. You'll lead by example. You'll always put safety first. And you'll help to make FirstBus a great place to work.
As Head of Operations you will be responsible for all aspects of operational performance in the Operating Company. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will lead the 5 depot teams to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction across our network.
Who are we looking for?
A talented leader, you'll know how to coach and develop managers and help them get the best out of their teams every day. You should also:
- Support your depot managers on a daily basis to ensure we deliver a safe and reliable service
- Be a visible leader capable of instilling a culture of team working amongst depot teams and support functions
- Hold a Certificate of Competence as Transport Manager ensuring compliance of the business with all aspects of its operating license and internal SOPs
- Have the confidence to lead people through change, challenge working practices and identify new technologies and ways we can do things even better
- Be customer focused with experience of seeking feedback and using it to provide customers with an even better service
- Have a good commercial brain and the ability to analyse information and make sound decisions to maximise business and financial performance
- Take new challenges in your stride and be able to keep everything running smoothly in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Have good project management skills and the tenacity to make change happen by promote and embedding initiatives that improve the way we work
- Be an influential and inspiring leader with a good understanding of HR processes and employee engagement
- Have the agility and resilience to balance costs and operational needs with looking after your team, making sure everyone is productive and feels valued and happy
- Manage team responsible for specific and prevailing contracts for third parties, ensuring contract adherence and ongoing positive stakeholder management
- Ensure active participation in the proactive management of trade union relationships, including negotiation with trade unions on behalf of operations employees
- Alongside the Engineering team, ensure positive, proactive relationships are maintained between Operations and Engineering
What will we offer you?
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- The chance to buy discounted First shares.
- Discounted train travel for you and your family on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains).
- On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you and your family and friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and dependable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
Interested? Click on apply and complete an application form!