|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Telegraph’s Social Media Editors work to maximise the potential of the stories we tell using social media, combining excellent social media and journalistic skills. The Social Media Editors enhance and create stories across a wide variety of social media platforms and ensure that these are distributed properly on social channels.
You’ll work across the newsroom with all editorial channels, creating new concepts to promote our fantastic journalism. Working with top journalists, video producers and design teams, you’ll help to bring the words we write to life through social media. You’ll be part of a team leading the way in working out how to tell the best stories - whether that’s through social video scripts, Instagram stories or the next big social network.
- Editing and maintaining the Telegraph’s main social media feeds to a high standard.
- Creating written, graphic and video content to be distributed on social media channels.
- Attending daily editorial conferences and weekly planning meetings to develop ideas and content plans with other desks.
- Helping the team promote the use of social media across the newsroom, working closely with journalists and desks to help develop ideas and implement strategies.
- Covering live events and breaking news on social media.
- Growing and building strong communities using social media
- Monitoring and researching social media and search trends and emerging platforms/tools/channels.
Essential skills required for the role
- Has worked in a social media role with a good understanding of content production.
- Strong knowledge of social media and has creative storytelling ideas to enhance our stories
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and initiative.
- The ability to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent and clear communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintain flawless accuracy.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Experience working with social video.
- Experience working on Instagram Stories or Snapchat.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.