|Job Type:||Full Time|
Construction/Commercial Lawyer, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Construction/Commercial solicitor with 2-6 PQE needed to help grow new In-House legal department in an expanding Irish-owned multi-national mechanical and electrical engineering firm
- Managing, reviewing and negotiating main contracts and sub-contracts for significant sub-contract supply chain and ensuring all internal processes are adhered to.
- Review of other construction contract documentation including main contracts, bonds, parent company guarantees, collateral warranties and novation agreements.
- Preparation of Framework Agreements with repeat subcontractors.
- Managing external counsel across a broad number of jurisdictions.
- Raising awareness of contractual issues and processes with business and project teams.
- Assisting Head of Legal with legal review and negotiation of major project documentation.
- Assisting with miscellaneous commercial and corporate law issues: corporate, data protection, compliance, IT agreements, employment law.
- Review of Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Grow profile of legal team.
- Reporting to Head of Legal.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Construction lawyer with 2-6 year’s experience preferably on non-contentious side
- Excellent standard of drafting in the English language
- Experience drafting framework agreements
- Understanding of construction industry
- Working closely with construction professionals and commercial managers. Must be able to communicate effectively with non-legal colleagues at all levels of seniority.
- Self-motivated, ‘can-do’ attitude a must
- Team player
- Excellent IT Skills
- Former in-house experience an advantage, but not a necessity.
- Experience working on contracts in other European jurisdictions
- Experience managing external legal resource
- European language proficiency
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.