Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Cryptography Engineer to join HSBC Technology.
The Cryptography Engineer is responsible for operating as part of a global team within ITID to define and implement an industry-leading Cybersecurity Service that supersedes our constantly changing information security threats.
Key duties include (but not limited to):
- Lead and support peers within the ITID (Cryptography) and Cybersecurity functions to define and implement an industry leading Cybersecurity Service that supersedes our constantly changing information security threats
- Ensure adherence to the three lines of defence organisational model with clear lines of responsibility, accountability and segregation of duties
- Contribute to the Sub-function/Region Cybersecurity strategy to secure the bank's technology from the inside out, whilst maintaining, protecting and enhancing HSBC's values, reputation and stakeholder value
- Contribute to the overall definition of responsibilities and accountabilities of Cybersecurity within HSBC and build a team which supports the Cybersecurity (Cryptography) model and defined strategy
- Embeds best practice management and supports implementation of transformational change
- Create remediation workflows, actions should 'as automated as possible' and fully documented
- Provide a 24 x 7 on call support on a rota basis and will be expected to work unsociable hours during this period.