|Location:||Bristol, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Greater London|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateSaturday 06 February 2021
Salary Range£107,925 - £143,900
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for a Head of Cloud FinOps to shape and lead the CCoE FinOps function to provide a highly automated and cost optimisation product offering with consumer self-service at its heart. As more workload is moved on to the cloud, a more dynamic and highly variable provision of requirements, changing in line with day to day consumer demands, needs the right control, governance and tooling support to enable the Group to manage the financial impact, exploit the benefits from the Cloud and protect against financial risks.
You'll be accountable for the coordination and oversight of the Public Cloud finances including all aspects of the multi-cloud spend using relevant cloud financial tools. You’ll be leading FinOps managers as well as supplier managers reviewing work orders & invoicing, developing a positive relationship with group sourcing. Leading your team in the day-to-day detection of key areas of waste, opportunities for optimisation, understanding utilisation rates, etc., advising the consumer teams and providing visibility to data insights so that they are empowered to optimise their cloud usage and make business decisions and trade-offs between speed, cost, and quality.
You'll also identify trends and opportunities for cost optimisation across LBG while monitoring and reporting on delivery of LBG CSP spend commitments. Providing consolidated views across multiple dimensions to demonstrate overall cloud performance and value.
You'll establish positive relationships with Engineering Leads, Product Owners and Group Finance in order to influence business case decisions with respect to cloud costing and identify rightsizing opportunities.
All aspects of FinOps will be your responsibility including ensuring cloud friendly licence models are put in place where possible, licence tracking and renewal, and links to CMDB.
What you’d get involved with:
- Handling the overall Cloud CoE budget, working alongside and liaising with the central finance team on financial decisions related to the consumption of the service
- Providing overviews of how much the bank is spending across each cloud provider in a real time and meaningful basis in order to help consumers track and lead on financial commitments / budgets
- Ensuring MI is available to enable consumers to have accountability for their financial performance and to help identify waste, utilisation, potential areas of optimisation
- Ensuring sufficient controls are in place to allow cloud expenditure to be aligned and allocated / charged to the accountable business area / Product Owner
- Help run and resolve commercial negotiations / queries with the respective cloud suppliers
- Manage public cloud support costs and associated licensing / other internal support requirements
- Implementation and management of an ongoing re-charge model that ensures cloud costs are accounted for and allocated in line with the Group’s cost accounting policies
- Provide support to prospective Cloud users to help them understand the business case and understanding the consumption / costs they are likely to incur
- Following Group cost management guidelines to ensure period drawdown of contracted / projective costs are identified and approved through the appropriate governance forums
What’s needed to be considered for this job?
- Must have leadership experience including line management, mentoring and developing teams to excel, growing productivity and advocacy
- Experience working with Financial Services or other large enterprises and highly regulated environments
- Experience working with consumption based cloud platforms
- Experience of cross charging internal businesses and raising external purchase orders and invoices
- Understanding the different financial rules for treating OPEX, REVEX and CAPEX
- Prior experience with multi-cloud costing models, forecasting etc.
- Experience working on a major public cloud provider platform with knowledge of the cost levers that are available to public cloud consumers
- A formal financial certification / qualification such as FinOps Certified Practitioner
- Prior experience with cloud dashboards, reservation management and cloud FinOps tooling
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 40% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution - up to 13% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle – cash sum of 4% of salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.