|Location:||Bristol, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Greater London|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateSaturday 06 February 2021
Salary Range£76,050 - £101,400
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for a Cloud Financial Operations, Optimisation Specialist Lead to lead in managing the resource and cost usage of the cloud environment. As more workload is moved on to the cloud, a more dynamic and highly variable provision of requirements, changing in line with day to day consumer demands needs the right control, governance and tooling support to enable to Group to handle the financial impact, exploit the benefits from the Cloud and protect against financial risks.
The purpose of this specialist role is to ensure we're using our cloud instances effectively, eliminating unnecessary spending, and obtaining clear visibility on our usage. In this role, you’ll be responsible for proactively collaborating with the Engineering groups to lead cloud resources, execute cost-saving methods, and ensure cloud spending and usage constructively supports organisational growth. Ideally, you’ll have experience in cloud resource management, either, Azure or GCP, and will be self-motivated and be detail-oriented. You’ll take ownership over forecasting future cloud expenditures and verifies that we are making the most out of our cloud investments. You’ll establish strong partnerships with Engineering Leads, Product Owners and Group Finance in order to influence business case decisions with respect to cloud costing.
What you’d get involved with:
- Coordinate the cloud data lifecycle from start to finish
- Create and execute a Cloud Billing Dashboard, and lead the Cloud Compute Savings Plan
- Create operational metrics to demonstrate costs and usage and to identify areas for cost-saving and improvement
- Serve as a liaison between the CSP and teams to obtain recommendations on how to reduce costs and use resources effectively in our Cloud environments
- Lead our Cloud Reserved Instances
- Develop and run a Tagging Governance Model to tag both new and pre-existing resources in the cloud as we grow
- Assist individual groups, including Group Finance, in cost management and pursuing cloud cost-optimisation projects
- Ensuing sufficient controls are in place to allow cloud expenditure to be aligned and allocated / charged to the accountable business area / Product Owner
- Lead metrics and dashboard review meetings
- Provide overviews of how much the bank is spending across each cloud provider in a real time and meaningful basis in order to help consumers track and handle financial commitments / budgets.
- Devise and distribute billing reports to internal stakeholders, to achieve effective cost management
- Coordinate with the Cloud Custodian, who handles anomaly monitoring on our services
What’s needed to be considered for this job?
- Must have leadership experience – not necessarily line management, but experience of leading and guiding colleagues/a team
- Experience working with Financial Services or other large enterprises and highly regulated environments
- Experience with at least one cloud billing system, Azure/GCP preferred
- Experience working with consumption based cloud platforms
- Experience of cross charging internal businesses and raising external purchase orders and invoices
- Prior experience with cloud costing models, forecasting etc
- Experience working on a major public cloud provider platform
- Understanding of Financial services industry and how public cloud can help to address current challenges and realise future opportunities
- Knowledge of the cost levers that are available to public cloud consumers
- A formal financial certification / qualification such as FinOps Certified Practitioner
- University degree in an Engineering subject (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Prior experience with cloud dashboards, reservation management and cloud FinOps tooling
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 40% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution - up to 13% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle – cash sum of 4% of salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.