|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Croydon office and support a growing workload of exciting projects located in the UK and around the world. Our focus is on the use of our skills to deliver innovative and economic solutions for our clients. This has created an enviable reputation in the bridges discipline whether considering the design of new or the assessment of existing structures. As a Senior Bridge Engineer, you will be able to grow a career within our bridges business and you could be guiding the design, a section of the design or as a Project Manager you will be responsible to a Project Director for delivering the project.
Responsibilities will include various bridge structural analysis and design or assessment, involving:
- Leading and supervising design and/or advanced analysis for all types of assets, specialising in bridge structures
- Performing advanced analysis for a wide variety of (often complex) scenarios
- Guiding a team to analyse and design both code and non-code compliant structures to develop cost-effective solutions
- Mentoring and nurturing early career professionals within the team
As a Senior Bridge Engineer, your career has provided you with technical skills and structural knowledge which has given you the ability to translate your understanding of structural behaviours and analytical techniques into effective structural analyses and designs. Your experience in the analysis and design of complex bridges and associated structures means you're familiar working with industry codes (including Eurocodes) and standards and you like to push boundaries where appropriate. With your interpersonal skills, you have the ability to guide teams in the analysis of structures and also communicate effectively in face-to-face meetings with clients and colleagues.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (MSc or equivalent)
- Chartered with a relevant professional institution (or equivalent)
- Practical design experience in the bridges industry
- Experience in analytical software packages such as Sofistik, RM Bridge, MIDAS, LUSAS, SAM and Staad (or similar)
Although not essential, it would be advantageous if you have previous experience in the analysis and design of cable supported bridges and structures as would demonstrative evidence of a highly innovative approach to work, the ability to work from first principals, and thinking "outside the box".