|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager/ Senior Project Manager to join our Croydon Bridges team and support a growing workload of exciting bridge projects located in UK and around the world.
Our focus is on the use of our skills to deliver innovative and economic solutions for our clients. This has created an enviable reputation in the bridges discipline whether considering the design of new or the assessment of existing structures.
As Project Manager you will be responsible to a Project Director for leading the project team and being responsible for ensuring that the project is delivered successfully for the client and for Mott MacDonald, technically, commercially and financially. This key role is critical to our ongoing success. You will be actively involved in selecting and briefing a project team, assessing risk, preparing a project budget and the initial plan of work. You'll be involved in the planning and designing of bridge or multi-disciplinary transport projects as well as support or lead on bid management assisting in tenders for a variety of major projects.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Project management and coordination with other engineering disciplines
- Design management & leading the technical delivery of bridge consultancy services
- Delivery of a fit-for-purpose technical solution as agreed with the client
- Compliance with the Mott MacDonald management, quality, safety and environmental system requirements
- Successful management of the client relationship, managing feedback, managing scope change and client expectations
- Production and delivery of reliable bridge design solutions
- Contribute to the business and the team's technical development
- Assist in the guiding and mentoring of engineers
You will have strong project management and design/engineering management skills, with experience in the design and delivery of bridge projects and multi-disciplinary transport projects. You've previously worked within a design consultancy on multiple concurrent projects and are comfortable liaising with clients. You understand design risk management, construction programming, tendering process and quality assurance management. You have demonstrable leadership skills alongside team management, and you lead by example through collaborative efforts. Utilising your interpersonal skills, you are able to network and interface with clients for business development purposes. Additionally, you will be invested in growing and developing your career within our bridges business. Due to the nature of our business, you'll be willing to travel internationally for projects when required.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A Master's degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering (or equivalent)
- Chartered with a relevant professional institution (or equivalent)
- Relevant experience in the bridges industry
- Knowledge of structural behaviours and analytical techniques
- Familiarity with industry codes & standards
- Strong communication, team working and problem-solving skills
If you possess a Project Management qualification this would be highly advantageous. Although not essential, any experience in the delivery of major rail and highway sector projects would be desirable as would experience in structural design including being familiar with Eurocodes. Additionally, if you have knowledge of NEC forms of contract with experience implementing and administering project change procedures this would be beneficial as would knowledge or experience of delivering cable supported and complex bridge structure projects.