|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently seeking an Engineering Supervisor to join our busy Engineering team in Hadleigh!
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Engineering Supervisor position could just be the job for you!
The salary for this Engineering Supervisor position is £39,000 per year and the working hours are 38 per week
The successful Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for the following duties:
- To ensure all maintenance and servicing is managed and carried out within the specified health and safety and budget parameters
- To allocate planned and unplanned work to engineering staff in the most efficient way.
- When nominated, deputise for the Engineering Manager during periods of sickness, holiday or other prolonged absence.
- When nominated, implement the disciplinary procedure up to and including written warnings, including preliminary investigation and the production of associated reports.
- To manage labour overtime in line with engineering budgets.
- To manage the engineering materials budget by ensuring staff comply with set authorisation procedures.
- Carry out vehicle inspection audits in line with UK Bus SOPs.
- Carry out vehicle first-use check audits in line with UK Bus SOPs.
- manage of vehicle cleaning, fuelling, oil checks and parking in line with UK Bus SOPs.
- To liaise with external contractors for workshop plant and equipment emergency call outs.
- Take digital photographs of any vehicle involved in a third party incident in line with central engineering standard operating procedures.
- To ensure no parts are booked out of stores without a work order or fleet number with the correct WBS (Reason code).
- To manage the engineering vehicle status board and update the daily garage log to facilitate workshop planning.
- To carry out skills assessments of all workshop staff and subsequently develop and deliver training and development plans.
- To liaise with the operations department to deal with changeovers and breakdowns in the most effective way to minimise lost mileage.
- To carry out daily team briefings to discuss the previous day's performance, any problems encountered, potential solutions and the current days' work schedule.
- To diagnose reoccurring vehicle defects as identified by the local engineering manager and organise repair.
- To ensure the enforcement of vehicle-specific diagnostic procedures for rectifying defects.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Engineering field and be conversant with monitoring standard of engineering work on PCV.
Knowledge of safe operation of workshop equipment is essential and previous supervisory experience would be desirable. To apply for this role, you must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job!
Interested? Apply Today!
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.