|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Our Energy unit have a rare and exciting opportunity for Business Development Manager to lead the offshore wind business development activities in our renewables team. The senior level role will be responsible to win consultancy and design services to grow our offshore wind sector business in Europe, Africa and Latin America in combination with collaboration with our offshore leaders in North America and Asia. You will report to the Renewables Account Leader and will be the lead for offshore wind BD. The role will be based in Europe, with preference for Glasgow/Edinburgh.
* Winning work for the offshore wind team to meet revenue and profit targets
* Development of a business development strategy for significant growth in offshore wind services, including identifying new clients and services
* Preparation and implementation of market plans, customer management plans and prospect capture plans
* Develop and maintain strong client relationships, at bid and delivery stages
* Promote and advertise Mott MacDonald's offshore wind capabilities and track record via social media, conferences and direct contact with key industry players
* Working with the renewables resource manager to define project resource / skill needs
* Collaborate with other units (e.g. transmission and distribution, ports and coastal, geotechnical, etc) and regions (e.g. North America and Asia) within Mott MacDonald to win offshore wind assignments
* Customer based project direction with increasing focus on portfolio delivery
* Track the project profit and working capital targets for relevant offshore wind work to achieve budget targets through successful winning of work and through influencing a customer focused approach to delivery
* Delivery of the offshore wind sub-sector business plan actions
* Engineering degree or similar technical qualification
* Minimum of 10 years renewable energy experience with at least 4 years in offshore wind.
* Good understanding of the European and Global offshore wind industry
* Demonstrable ability to win work in the offshore wind industry
* Excellent client facing skills with a strong customer focused approach
* Ability to communicate clearly & concisely in English, both verbally & written and ability to explain technical issues to non-engineers, including Clients.
* Experience of working at a senior level in an energy consultancy or in a relevant industry
* Track record of winning and delivering large offshore projects
* Proven experience winning detailed design offshore projects
* Willingness to travel both locally and globally
* Formal training in communication and/or people management
* Recognised project management training
* Ability to work in a second language capabilities