|Location:||Edinburgh, West Midlands|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateTuesday 19 January 2021
Salary Range£36,405 - £40,450
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryDo you recognise phrases like Transaction Reporting and regulations such as SFTR, EMIR, MIFID II or Dodd Frank and want to be part of a team which help protects the bank from regulatory censure?
Do you have excellent analytical skills which you would like to use in a fast-paced but agile working environment?
Are you customer focused with excellent communication skills, adept at handling customer requests in a timely manner?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team in Commercial Banking within Markets and Lending Delivery (MLD), responsible for ensuring the regulatory reporting obligations of the Commercial Bank and Group Corporate Treasury are met. You'll ensure regulatory obligations are met in a timely and accurate manner whilst becoming involved in other regulatory reporting activity.
The position sits within a team with a wide range of responsibilities and therefore the successful candidate will need to be flexible in terms of tasks undertaken which provides excellent development opportunities in a number of disciplines.
The team is a growing function operating in a dynamic environment and plays a pivotal role by acting as the interface between CB and various functions across MLD. There is a clear focus on providing an outstanding service to external customers and regulators while attaining the highest standard of operational excellence.
The successful candidate will be given opportunities to support a vast range of activities that span across, FX, OTC derivatives, Fixed Income, Commodities and Equities which offers fantastic development prospects.
Candidates will benefit by working flexibly, developing personally and professionally and working collaboratively with an ambitious team to support the CB Markets, bringing to life the Group’s vision of Helping Britain Prosper and being the Best Bank for Clients.
In line with our strategy to be the Best Bank for Colleagues, MLD encourages a culture of professional development. You will encounter numerous opportunities to stretch and develop beyond your core role responsibilities including the opportunity to join an Apprenticeship scheme. In addition, recognition for colleague contribution and performance is an extremely important element of our colleague charter.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of exception processing & supervision of daily reporting obligation for SFTR
- Production of MI for senior management.
- Actively pursue process improvements for controls, straight through processing & KPI’s
- Escalation of issues to key stakeholders
- Produce & deliver portfolio reconciliations to customers in accordance to EMIR regulation.
- Produce and deliver scheduled and Ad Hoc client audit & valuation statements to customers & auditors.
- Timely resolution of customer & internal stakeholder queries
- Ability to investigate differences identified through a range of trade reconciliation processes.
Capabilities You'll Bring:
- Comprehensive understanding of financial markets products and trade flows.
- Good working knowledge of, at a minimum, SFTR reporting regime – including understanding of reporting requirements & eligibility determinations.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills – both written and verbal.
- The ability to perform routine tasks efficiently and accurately; challenging inefficiencies and proposing better ways of working.
- Strong problem solving skills with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Understanding of Compliance frameworks
- Good communication skills to liaise and partner with LBG colleagues and teams as well as external clients, where required, displaying professionalism and a client first attitude.
- Awareness of the internal risk and control framework, policies and procedures.
- Experience of using UnaVista
- Able to operate independently as well as work as part of a team; willing to share information and ideas proactively; able to demonstrate initiative.
- Flexibility to perform multiple roles within a wider team.
Previous experience of working with the Commercial Banking Markets Products is not a pre-requisite for this role, however the successful candidate would be encouraged to achieve competency and commit to achieving a professional qualification within 12 months of joining.
The successful candidate may be required to provide support between the hours of 08.00 and 20:00, the specific requirement to be discussed at the interview. This will be subject to review and any candidates must be willing to be flexible around working hours.
In line with the Lloyds culture the Commercial Banking, MLD strives to provide an agile and flexible workplace for colleagues depending on business requirements.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.