Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Security Engineers to join HSBC Technology.
The Senior Security Engineer (Antimalware) will be a member of the Global Cybersecurity Technology team. This team is responsible for identifying, developing and deploying global cybersecurity controls across the estate leveraging the firm’s assets, network and data to identify threats. This role will partner heavily with IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) and support the end-to-end secure deployment of security technologies across the firm as well as leading and attracting talent to build a world class team.
The role, focusing on Antimalware Engineering, will be accountable for the following:
- Reviewing, analyzing and documenting the current baseline and developing the target technology posture.
- Performing gap analysis of the current baseline against the target architecture.
- Evaluating, developing and applying appropriate tools to capture, analyze and model various viewpoints of the domain architecture.
- Defining metrics and methodologies to measure domain performance of applying new technologies.
- Reviewing, designing and re-engineering domain processes with new technologies and solutions to improve domain performance.
- Providing centralized, global cybersecurity services to the organization and reducing associated costs
- Operating a first line of defense to ensure compliance with IT requirements
- Providing thought leadership, consultation and subject matter expertise to the organization on Cybersecurity/Antimalware issues
- Implementing and maintaining an effective engagement model across all regions, global businesses, and global functions.
- Researching, engaging, and managing third party vendors where relevant to support functional objectives.
- Working with security start-ups, as well as more established companies, to support design partnerships and shape product/service offerings to meet the requirements of the bank.
- Providing thought leadership to the function and broader Cybersecurity organization, driving transformational change and capability uplift across the bank.
- Collaborating with various layers of management across Cybersecurity and other IT teams to develop solutions that protect the organization.
- Design and drive the implementation of service offerings, capability uplifts, and process improvements to protect the bank for a continuously changing threat landscape.