|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Data Support (Engineering) to join our team!
As Data Support you will be the support for the Engineering elements of the EAM (Enterprise Asset Management System) rollout, by using extracted data from SAP R3 and Business Warehouse (this will be provided), converting it through a series of processes and preparing it for upload to Infor EAM.
You will be hosting conference calls to explain and demonstrate some areas of data preparation to end users to enable load sheets to be built. Assist with development of EAM to standardised procedures.
As Data Support you will provide initial remote end user support to the engineering end users working with the Infor EAM support team.
- The successful candidate can be based anywhere in the UK
- There may be a requirement to work occasional weekends and some travel within the UK.
- We are looking for the successful candidate to start in February.
- This is a 9-month fixed term contract
- Work alongside the Infor EAM project team to develop the Engineering Maintenance Workstream as required.
- Following / developing processes to convert and prepare data accurately, completely and work with other team members and end users to validate as far as possible accepting and understanding the importance and responsibility of this task.
- Host conference calls to explain and demonstrate the build of shift pattern load sheets and then collect, validate and upload to test and live EAM environment.
- Provide initial customer support to the engineering users working with the EAM support team and escalating issues that cannot be resolved to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
- Supporting elements of business as usual activities as required.
Skills Experience & Qualifications
- Have an engineering background that can be applied to understand how procedures are converted to workflows and interact within business rules applied on a digital system.
- IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft packages especially Excel.
- An extremely high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Methodical and logical approach to tasks, comfortable working to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- The ability to function well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in delivering support and confidence in speaking to a range of employee roles to impart knowledge and gain required information.
- Experience of a digital asset management system would be an advantage.
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team who all pull together to do a brilliant job - no two days are ever the same.
Interested? Click on apply and complete an application form!
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.