|Location:||Brighton and Hove|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Mott MacDonald's Energy Environment and Social team is at the leading edge of delivering environmental services for energy projects internationally. Our team is looking for a Principal or Technical Director level environmental consultant to join our team. This position will initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The focus of the role will be on environmental assessments for energy projects, particularly in Europe, Africa and Latin America. We work on some of the most significant generation projects in the world, including solar, hydro, wind, and thermal generation technologies.
Key elements of the role will include:
* Environmental due diligence
* Environmental monitoring and management
* Environmental impact assessment
* Guiding junior team members and technically assuring their work
* Managing projects as well as clients and sub-consultants
* Preparing proposals
* International travel
You'd be part of a truly multidisciplinary team; working alongside some of the best environmental specialists, social specialists and engineers in the industry.
* Extensive demonstratable experience
* Fluent in English
* Degree and Masters qualified in an environmental subject
* Membership of a relevant professional institute
* Experienced in the coordination and delivery of environmental work by multi-disciplinary teams including due diligence and ESIA for major infrastructure energy projects
* Thorough understanding and experience of applying environmental safeguards of international finance institutions such as the World Bank Group, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and European Investment Bank, among others;
* Able to review complex documents, summaries and present the key issues in a clear and concise way
* Ability to travel
* Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
* Experience of providing technical leadership
* Aptitude in identification, progression, delivery and success in tendering for new project opportunities
* Able to work within a team and motivate others to deliver to high standards
* Able to meet challenging budgets and timescales
* Fluent in French or Spanish
* Experience of managing or delivering environmental work for UK DCO applications
* A competent standard in an environmental specialism and a broader awareness of other environmental or social discipline
* Experience of options appraisals and iterative design processes
* Understanding of the technical aspects of major infrastructure projects (such as energy generation technologies)