|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
In this role you will be delivering Signal Engineering technical skills training and non technical skills to the frontline maintenance workforce in the routes and functions.
As a Workforce Development Specialist (Signal Engineering), you will measurably improve the proficiency and focus of Network Rail's frontline maintenance signalling workforce through inspirational, value for money delivery of technical, safety & vocational training interventions, when & where needed, in accordance with the annual training plan, adjusted for the needs of the relevant business function. Support the design and development of NR training programmes. Assess the proficiency and capability of employees and the impact on the business of the delivered training in order to improve safety, performance, engagement, and esteem.
About the role (External)
- Develop the proficiency of employees by inspirational delivery of technical, safety and vocational training interventions, using blended delivery skills (paced for the learner) and stimulating, high quality material in accordance with Network Rail standards, regulations & working instructions.
- Provide an exemplary level of learner-focused customer service to delegates, enhancing their enjoyment, motivation to learn, and value gained from the whole training experience.
- Actively foster a safety-first, "No-Unsafe-Acts" culture within employees and actively promote the Network Rail Values at every touch point. As an exemplar of best practice and professional attitude, drive Network Rail corporate messages & behavioural communications into the consciousness of employees. Without exception, always act safely; always promote safety awareness and always demonstrate clear compliance and belief in safety procedures.
- Continuously develop one's own technical proficiency (including relevant in-date regulated
competences), knowledge and adult education capability. Confidently and actively demonstrate that capability in order to earn justified and obvious credibility amongst the delegate population.
- Continuously develop and improve the training material, assessment material, aids and equipment. Positively contribute to Content Review Groups and Skills Forums. Maintain the currency of all local training documentation and visual aids.
- Fairly assess the capability of delegates and provide them the facilitated opportunity to learn. Support the assessment and evaluation of training impact at course end and at appropriate post training intervals.
- Support the Workforce Development Manager with Training-Needs-Analysis, programme design, evaluation, team dynamics, centre performance and reputation. Demonstrating a flexible approach to the achievement of the objectives of Competence & Training (and Network Rail).
- Positively contribute to the continuous improvement of the Training Centres' internal quality procedures and work instructions, demonstrating a personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- As a Network Rail Manager, always actively support, promote and enforce company processes, initiatives, messages, policies, whilst actively demonstrating managerial behaviours and values.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Thorough knowledge of the technical, safety or vocational capability relevant to the discipline of the role (Signal Engineering competences)
- Knowledge and experience of (Signal Engineering Functions)
- Detailed level of experience and up to date competences on Sentinel
- Ability to affect a culture change
- Ability to motivate and inspire
- Ability to demonstrate the management capabilities of developing, thinking, achieving and inspiring
- Willingness to Travel is required for this role
- An understanding of different learning styles
- Sound knowledge of rules, regulations and working instructions
- Knowledge and experience in Signal Engineering competences
- Displays attributes of a team player
- A background, experience or qualification in adult learning
How to apply (External)
Salary: £40,107-£45,120 plus up to £5000 market supplement
Closing date: 18-Jan-2021. - Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people to work flexibly. We welcome applications from everyone. Click here for more information.
Network Rail Benefits - To find out about what benefits we offer, click here
We are a Disability Confident Leader employer!
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information