|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more? Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated? If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you. In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service to provide in-depth technical support for complex escalated problems identified in Microsoft software products or services and manage relationships with those customers
- Provide advanced troubleshooting to analyse problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs
- Maintain strong working knowledge of products and report software bugs and customer product enhancements to the Product Group
- Determine the best approach for resolving complex technical issues that will yield the desired turn-around time and optimal customer solution while minimizing the impact to the customer
- Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments, create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc., as needed to help enhance our CSS Front of Funnel strategy and drive one-to-many customer and partner impact
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all related products, technologies and upcoming releases. Take proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements in key product areas based on key data points
- Participate in planned team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including 24x7 “on-call” responsibilities and weekend work, with the ability to work a flexible schedule, cover weekends, and/or cover a 10-7 shifts.
- Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Provide consulting services to partners and customers to increase product market share.
This job may require you to cover weekend shift from time to time as part of a team rota, and working hours might be 9:00-18:00 or 10:00-19:00.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines
- Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft
- Ability to distil, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources
- Strong customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to excel in a team environment is essential
- Ability to handle high pressure situations well, while maintaining calm and composure in stressful situations is a must
- Strong ability to lead, perform, and deliver results in high pressure situations with multiple parties involved
- Ability to handle multiple customer issues and effectively balance your priority need.
- Experience with the Hadoop eco-system and/or knowledge of Spark.
- Experience with other solutions in the Big Data/Analytics space.
- Programming & Debugging Experience in some or all of: C#, PowerShell, Java, Python, R and Scala.
- Experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Eco system with a focus on Azure HDInsight and/or Azure Databricks.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.