Last updated 3 days ago
Role Title: DBS Global Portfolio Delivery Test Manager
Business: Global Banking and Markets
New or Existing Role- New
- The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an
- Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
- The projects/ change requests to be managed and executed fall into a number of brackets that cover new to HSBC, existing client changes, complex programmes and projects and small day to day BAU changes. These projects/change requests are initiated by HSBC clients both external and internal to the Global Portfolio Change team.
- The Test Manager is responsible for managing a team of test analysts who test changes and enhancements to systemsand processes to ensure these have the effect intended by the development and business teams. The Test Manager monitors the quality of their team’s work and schedules the workload in conjuction with all GPD Test Managers to fulfil resource demands. They also contribute to determination of system testing procedures and ensuring that the most effective tools and techniques are employed.
- The Test Manager works with the Senior Test Manager to set up work practices implementing standards and quality monitoring during development, implementation and daily use.
- Participate in the development of the group-wide testing policy and ensure adherence to this policy locally
- Work with the Senior Test Manager to set up and provide regional or local direction of testing activities to meet the goal of improved quality and service availability in the live environment
- Work to drive forward improvements in testing process including automation of testing, regular reviews and improvements to testing processes in line
- Develop and maintain high quality relationships with customers both internal and external to the Group
- Control test execution by monitoring the team’s adherence to the test strategy and test scripts
- Ensure that any issues are addressed in an appropriate manner and continuous improvements are made to standards and procedures in agreement with the relevant teams in the Group
- Define requirements for test environments and engage appropriate parties to ensure that the necessary components are in place before testing commences
- Manage the testing process and organise the review and analysis of appropriate documentation anfd storeage of documentation
- Ensure the delivery of systems to the live environment meet the agreed quality expectations
- Control concurrent projects and resources that vary in scale and complexity to meet changing objectives
- Manage test resources, ensuring that all planned projects are delivered on time, within the budget and resource allocated
- Lead and drive growth of the team when required in line with growth strategy
- Manage the training, development and performance of all staff in the team to ensure that they have suitable skills to undertake their roles effectively and develop their careers
- Implement strong planning and resource forecasting techniques; and
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.