|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
The Pricing Strategy Manager will be part of the Strategic Planning team - placed in a pivotal part of the organisation, reporting into the CFO. Bridging Financial analysis and Strategic insight, the team works cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders (including the Executive team) - with the aim of planning GoCardless’ long-term trajectory, as well as drawing strategic insights from data to support decision-making.
We are looking for a high-achieving individual to take our Pricing and Proposition strategy to the next level. You will be the crucial pivot between our GTM, Product and Operations teams in designing and implementing enhancements to both our existing and new product pricing.
The role will require significant interaction with key internal stakeholders across all functions. Clear articulation and presentation skills will be key, as well as a data-driven mindset.
What you’ll be doing
- Be instrumental in defining our Pricing strategy
- Engaging with leaders in the GTM and Product organisations to evolve the Pricing strategy for new and existing products
- Identifying Pricing changes and project managing the implementation of these, partnering with GTM, Product and Operations teams
- Regularly benchmarking our Pricing and Propositions to understand our competitive positioning and using this data to enhance decision-making
- Analysing financial product performance to refine pricing decisions
- Supporting the Sales team in contract negotiations
- 4+ years of experience in an operational role or a top-tier Consulting firm
- Experience in identifying and delivering Pricing recommendations and/or working on highly strategic questions
- Experience in project management of cross-functional projects
- SaaS, FinTech and Payments experience/knowledge would also add value
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Proactive and collaborative approach to working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - including the ability to present findings in a clear, concise fashion
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, as well as practically
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.