|Job Type:||Full Time|
Commercial Banking provides comprehensive solutions, including lending and treasury services, to corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, as well as real estate investors and owners.
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) services clients in Business Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Management and the Corporate & Investment Bank. The group consists of approximately 2,200 employees and is responsible for 300,000 loans with a value in excess of $500 billion.
Wholesale Lending Middle Office (WLMO) is part of WLS and provides global end-to-end loan origination, servicing, restructuring and trading support. Services are tailored to the needs of the client and lines of business, ranging from bilateral to large syndicated loan agreements. Services provided include Loan Origination; Deal Closing & Funding; Documentation Review; Core Loan Servicing; Loan Closing & Trade Settlement.
Within WLS MO the following role has become available:
EMEA Loan and Agency Manager – VP
EMEA Loan and Agency is responsible for certain defined roles and responsibilities of an operational nature in relation to syndicated credit facilities where JPMorgan has been appointed Facility Agent. The Agent has a duty to provide a high quality service to all parties through the administration of accurate funds movement and timely information flows. The Facility Agent role is defined in the loan agreement which is broadly based on LMA-style documentation. The Agency role is client facing, multi-faceted and deadline driven.
- To operate as part of a management team responsible of the control and efficiency of WLS Middle Office, particularly within the agency space supporting LOBs such as Export Finance, Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Equity Derivatives Group (EDG), Specialized Products Group (SPG) and Global Corporate Bank (GCB)
- Manage production responsibilities associated to operational aspects of a syndicated deal & facility. Activities include:
- Financial information distribution and syndicate notification
- Accession management
- Waiver and amendment coordination
- Acting as first point of contact for all borrower and lender queries
- Facilitating lender presentations and meetings
- Acting as an escalation contact for both Borrower and syndicate lenders for all queries in relation to the agency business.
- Be responsible for the overall output of the team and act as senior point of liaison between Client Credit Management, Debt Capital Market origination, Treasury, Legal and compliance in relation to managing transaction flow, client service and new product initiatives
- Maintain oversight of controls and exceptions to ensure KRI/KPI targets are achieved, including producing and reporting metrics for reporting to senior management
- Identify and drive the implementation of technology initiatives and operational process changes to meet the requirement of the loan business and its clients
- Manage a broad change agenda in a dynamic manner ensuring execution of efficiency initiatives
- Provide performance management to include coaching and objective setting to direct reports
- 5+ years financial services experience with in depth knowledge of syndicated lending structures, treasury funding and downstream corporate reporting
- Understanding of Investment Banking operations, Front Office business and Corporate support structures
- Understanding of underwriting primary and secondary loan trading
- Knowledge of both LMA and LSTA Loan Documentation
- Acute awareness of operational risks occurring throughout the loan lifecycle
- Loan IQ knowledge is preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workflow to ensure timely processing and eliminate the possibility of operational errors, using sound judgement to escalate issues timely
- Aptitude to ensure timely group delivery and execution of all daily controls and adherence to KPI targets
- Strong communication skills are essential both internally and externally in industry best practice and initiative forums
- Strong presentation skills to internal management groups, committees & control groups
- Excellent organizational and influencing skills to see through change across teams and regions
- 3+ years experience in people management
- Deliver coaching, performance development and identify training needs of the group
- Ability to self start and lead team agendas in respect to efficiency, productivity and control