|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Credit Middle Office collateral monitoring analyst supports the Lending Solutions (LS), Securities Based Lending (SBL) and Credit Risk Teams in all collateral monitoring related and other ancillary activities, thus contributing to providing an exceptional service to our clients.
- Approval of loan drawdown, payments in adherence to credit policies
- Consult with the key business partners on credit structure and collateral setup
- Maintenance and monitoring of Collateral including Special Lending Values, Overrides
- Identifying, investigating and reporting collateral shortfall situations to ensure prompt resolution working with the Lending Solutions and other front office teams
- Issuance, setup and on-going monitoring of Standby Letter of Credits (SBLCs) and Guarantees
- Monitoring and charging of various fees related to credit
- Setup of Life Insurance collateral and approval of Life Insurance transactions in adherence to credit policies
- Control reports generation, analysis and follow-up
- Participate in the projects/initiatives, often within tight deadlines
A. Ancillary activities
- Check the team mailbox for the allocated tasks and respond to queries promptly ensuring no items are over 24 hours
- Update the capacity metrics timeously
- Manage and prioritize the workflow for the day to day activities to ensure SLAs are met.
- Participate in team meetings and make valuable contributions. Lead or take notes if designated chairperson/secretary and update the minutes in the shared drive. Follow up on actions allocated to you.
- Share information, best practice and ideas with the team
- Regularly partner with and provide support to colleagues in other locations. This includes Legal partners, Client Service Specialists, Onboarding, Business Management and Projects teams
- Liaise with Lending Solutions, Securities Based Lending Team, Credit Executives, and internal legal teams on documentation requirements and validation
- Deepen relationships with other Credit Middle Office teams
- Ensure daily control sheet is populated.
- Checklist adherence.
- File naming convention adherence.
- Appropriate Mailbox management
- Help set up and maintain robust procedures and processes; identify inefficiencies and propose solutions.
- Understand, ensure adherence to and compliance with, JPMorgan policies and regulatory requirements.
- Understand credit control requirements to ensure that any control requirement is addressed and controls effected
- Maintain a strong controls mind-set, able to challenge the status quo and identify process efficiencies
- Complete all mandatory training timely.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues to team leader/senior management following the applicable escalation procedures
- Adhere with Records retention policy
- Maintain very good knowledge of credit products
- Participate in credit and other forums to stay abreast of new initiatives
- Keep informed on new policies/regulations impacting credit and discuss with manager
- Commit to own learning and attend training sessions organized by the wider team
- University graduate with basic/intermediate experience in dealing with client credit documents
- Experience within a financial institution is desirable
- Previous experience in a credit team an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with credit and lending products (some legal knowledge is a plus)
- General market knowledge
- Knowledge of credit products in European countries is a plus
- Ability to suggest improvements and engineer process changes
- Strong Word and Excel skills
- Control and Risk mitigation mind-set