|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Escalation Engineers (EE) investigate and solve critical, complex, and highly technical issues using mostly code-level techniques - like trace and source code analysis, debugging tools, reverse engineering techniques and other sophisticated diagnostic tools. EEs are responsible for driving Product Engineering engagement. They handle highly complex politically charged and financially important cases through collaboration and conflict resolution skills and act as key collaboration point for support teams.
In this role you will become world best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
Are you passionate and excited about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to ensure success as they transition their businesses to Microsoft Cloud Product such as Office 365, Enterprise Mobility Suite and Windows 10? If so, keep reading.
The Microsoft FastTrack team is looking for a customer focused, high energy FastTrack Engineer who will help customers maximize their return on investment in Microsoft Cloud services, improve customer satisfaction and help customers deploy and maintain Windows 10. They will join a dedicated team that is responsible for connecting with and guiding Microsoft Cloud service customers and partners in their journey to adoption and consumption of their entitled workloads.
- Handle highly complex, political, financial, executive level cases - as business demands
- Key collaboration point for advanced troubleshooting to unblock issues - including the use of code-level techniques
- Manage engagement with Product Engineering for Support-raised escalations
- Work alongside Serviceability and engineering teams as trusted advisor to improve incident resolution or service deficiency
- Drive process, tool, service delivery and solution improvements that enable effective troubleshooting and remediation (incl. Diagnostics)
- Provide ramp activities for junior engineers, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
- Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
- Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
The FastTrack Engineer is responsible to help FastTrack Customers adopt the modern workplace – Windows 10 in the Microsoft 365 space. By rapidly establishing strong working relationships with relevant Microsoft, Partner and Customer teams they will work to build an appropriate engagement strategy to meet the customers’ requirements that will be executed by the core FastTrack team.
You are responsible for executing the delivery of the customer Deployment and Adoption Experience for Office 365 / EMS / Windows 10 products, while utilizing the company’s IP and assets across partners, Microsoft Enterprise services engineering and support teams, the Microsoft field sales organizations and Office 365 business groups.
- Lead a set of Microsoft 365 customers and partners through the Onboarding technical process
- Plan, manage and execute a complete Onboarding experience for Cloud customers
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the service, take ownership for service improvement
- Manage customer and partner Onboarding programs within expected timeframes while continuously driving effectiveness and thus reducing costs
- Share knowledge with others through solution documents, contribute to social media, proactively engaging in technical communities
Your key business metrics will be:
- Customer and Partner Onboarding Satisfaction
- Time and cost reduction to Onboard
- Reduce reactive support incidents
- Increase Microsoft 365 Service Consumption
Successful Candidate Competencies:
- Microsoft Office 365 / EMS / Windows 10 technical competency: possess a in depth knowledge of Office 365 services and architecture including other cloud products.
- Intune technical competency: possess a broad knowledge of Intune or any other mobile device management software
- Advanced skills in PowerShell, Active Directory, Web Services ,troubleshooting and driving adoption across collaborative workloads in O365 like Teams, SharePoint and Yammer.
- Cloud competency: broad view of Cloud services and products. Understanding the industry transformation towards “cloud only” services
- Strong problem-solving ability ranging from conceptualization to implementation
- Strong troubleshooting skills across multiple planforms and systems
- Medium or advanced networking skills: switches, routers, firewalls
- Customer and Partner Focus: proven experience driving positive business impact based on a deep understanding of customer and partner needs.
- Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across customers, partners, senior executives and across organizational boundaries
- Must have the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced high-stress environment while balancing multiple demands, addressing shifting priorities, and maintaining focus.
- Ability to build a strong relationship with customers and partners and become a trusted advisor
- Collaboration: able to work in a multi-cultural environment and to adapt to the customer’s needs
- Applicants must be comfortable with ambiguity while striving to drive the customer into a clear picture of his needs
- A minimum of 3 years of Technical Support experience (in a Tier 2 or 3 role) including a minimum of 1 year of experience supporting Enterprise customers.
- Strong communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.