|Job Type:||Full Time|
Vaultex is the UK’s leading cash processing company with sites nationwide. As a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC, we process in excess of £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and customers, adhering to standards set by the Bank of England and the Note Circulation Scheme. If laid end-to-end, the note inflow we process would stretch to the moon and back!
Our mission to deliver best-in-class integrated cash management is underpinned by pinpoint accuracy and the design of bespoke solutions for our customers. As an award-winning employer focused on enabling on-going professional development and a healthy work-life balance, we believe in giving our staff a career and not just a job.
Learn more about us at: https://vaultexuk.com/about-us/
At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
We have recently launched our Diversity Strategy which focuses on the 4 ‘S’ approach below
- Speaking up about discrimination
- Sharing and educating
- Standing for what is right
- Shape our future
Vaultex are currently undertaking a large transformation programme to ensure our business is fit for the future. As part of the transformation we are looking for a Developer with a Business Intelligence focus to help us build quality systems that are key to business stakeholders
We’re looking to expand our team of developers that build quality software and also contribute to how we deliver a modern reporting platform. Using the latest tools you will be working with a team of likeminded individuals to deliver high quality applications that meet our development standards, principles and patterns.
Providing an intuitive simple user experience is key to the way our organisation operates, so understanding business requirements and coming up with suitable solutions is required.
Ownership is a key part of the developer role and as such there is a responsibility to providing third line support of solutions in production. When things go wrong, the role may require support in restoring our service and also identifying areas for improvement.
Each year we process £160 billion through our applications meaning accuracy and attention to detail are key, good test practices are essential to provide the level of service expected by our customers.
- Developing quality software
- Planning, designing and documenting
- Supporting solutions in production
- Personal development (new technologies etc.)
Why should you apply?
- We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status. As such, we have a great range of benefits, which include:
- A generous company pension- all employees are auto-enrolled onto a scheme whereby 4% from your salary is matched with a 10% employer contribution (other options available)
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- 25 days annual leave, with an option to buy additional holidays
- Group life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- VaulteXtra – offering discounts on various retailers, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Flex Membership, Cash-back on purchases, re-loadable cards to spend in store and eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling
- Robust learning and development department offering opportunities for career progression.
- A company culture underpinned by our CSR programme which welcomes and rewards innovative ideas, outreach into the community through charity work, and a celebration of our diverse workforce.
Skills and Experience
Data focused developer with the following skills:
- Experience as a BI Developer using the Microsoft BI stack including SQL Server (2012 – 2019), SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI
- Strong SQL for querying and creation of tables/views and stored procedures
- Experience in designing ETL processes including knowledge of data warehousing strategies and theories
- Build dashboards, reports and cubes using SQL, MDX, DAX and Power BI
- Develop new and maintain and improve existing ETL processes
- Understand dimension modelling ideally within a financial services sector
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!