|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
We’re creating a new way to do Risk in Financial Services. We don’t do box-ticking, hide in our Risk corner in the office or employ an army of naysayers. We:
- are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but empowers it to achieve its goals;
- automate everything we do - we don’t like inefficiencies nor do we believe that real risk mitigation is achieved by throwing people at the problem; and
- create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal and external) to look forward to going through our processes.
The legal and compliance teams are at the forefront of GoCardless’ expansion - both domestically and abroad. They must ensure that GoCardless adopts, implements and maintains innovative and appropriate processes and controls, often coming across new challenges or issues that require innovative solutions.
You will be responsible for setting the regulatory compliance agenda within GoCardless. You will take a consultative approach and work closely with every business division to implement and manage an innovative and practical, yet thorough, regulatory compliance regime.
Some of the main elements of the role will involve:
- Surveying and interpreting our regulatory and broader risk landscape, both domestically and internationally.
- Working with senior managers across the business to establish and execute a world-class compliance framework, monitoring and training programme, focused on ensuring cross-company understanding and ownership of regulatory risk.
- Management of our regulatory licences across the globe, including applying for and maintaining new licences in the US and beyond.
- Managing regulatory oversight, controls, reporting and engagement globally.
- Reporting to management and board committees as the risk owner for regulatory compliance.
- Being the ultimate point of escalation for regulatory issues.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of the programme.
- Constantly driving for improvement in efficiency and risk management.
- Championing and driving adoption of industry standard certifications, where appropriate.
- Building a great international team and developing talent.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for someone with experience in a regulated financial institution, or other corporate, and who is passionate about moving to a fast-paced fintech startup. You will be driven and able to work independently, while taking a consultative approach in an area that can be seen as inhibitive to business.
You may be an experienced financial services regulatory manager, coming from a larger organisation and looking for an exciting new challenge, or perhaps you have already been through a high-growth journey in a similar role, and are excited about taking on similar challenges in an exciting company with a great culture.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You can see, and explain how new regulations coming into play will impact the business’ products and expansion plans.
- You have dealt directly with financial services regulation and regulators.
- You have experience in drafting, implementing and rolling out compliance plans, frameworks and policies across a company or department, and preferably centrally rather than following a central policy locally.
- Your risk radar is finely tuned and you work tirelessly to mitigate that risk.
- You are easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing but demanding young company.
- You’ve scaled a compliance function through international expansion, and have managed high-performing teams.
- You’ve operated in an environment with multiple regulators having different reporting requirements.
- Can operate at a strategic level and demonstrate the value of compliance.
- Your communication skills are first class, and you are able to distil complex and cumbersome regulation into understandable English.
Bonus points if:
- You’ve built a compliance function from the ground up.
- You have experience in payments.
- You have experience in the US.
- You have experienced a fast-growth journey (in a company growing 50%+ YoY).
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until March 2021. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.