|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Strategic Sales allows Microsoft to better serve the Advertising Agencies and large direct customers in the Strategic Search Sales Segment. This role for Account Executive - Digital Advertising, specifically for the Travel sector, focuses on partnering with agencies and brands to maximize the ROI of their digital media spend and to enable them in their digital transformation. The Account Executive is dedicated to increasing revenue and improving customer satisfaction through Strategic account planning. The Account Executive role adds value by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships that include building relationships with executives at the Chief-level (CxO) as well as other Business and Technical Decision Makers within the customers’ organizations.
The role develops actionable territory plans and account plans that define clear revenue and customer satisfaction growth strategies. Success is measured by Digital media spend, increased share of wallet and increased customer satisfaction, This role is unique in its ability to effectively leverage technology and extensive members of the virtual sales team to build strong relationships with the accounts in its portfolio.
The Impact you'll be making
Microsoft Advertising is a growing entity in the digital marketing space with significant opportunities for impact. This role sits in the Travel sector, an area impacted by global events, yet still represents long-term opportunity for an Executive-level individual to join us on challenging yet exciting journey ahead to make impact.
The role of the Account Executive is to be part of Microsoft Advertising and represents a great opportunity to join Microsoft's progressive and inclusive culture, work with autonomy in the role and help build and shape the growth of this area. Responsibilities would include to:
- Lead territory and account planning processes that align to partner and Microsoft resources to maximize revenue, customer satisfaction, and grow share and ensure that these plans are actionable and measurable.
- Reach and exceed personal sales quota. Through thoughtful and strategic planning, the individual in this role will achieve their personal sales quota for their assigned book of business. This will require you to build strong, deep and broad customer and partner relationships: These plans should be aligned to your customers strategy.
- Plan and pitch proactive solutions that grow revenue and meet advertiser needs. Partner with account team to identify opportunities and create compelling proposals that meet customer goals. Educate advertiser/agency at all levels (C-level and down) on how the Bing Ads platform and features help them to reach their business goals and new markets/targets.
- Build a healthy predictable pipeline that meets or exceeds quota expectations: Qualify opportunities and convert them to a customer solution based scenario. Prepare monthly forecasts and pipeline reports, using Microsoft’s tools and resources.
- Act as strategic thought leader for a customer-focused account team. Develop and grow mutually beneficial working relationships with key internal partners. Build and maintain a network of key internal contacts and utilize partner relationships to present a united front to customers and secure strong cross-group collaboration that enables quick responses to customers
- Continually develop industry knowledge and grow professionally. Develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the search industry and trends affecting or influencing the marketplace and provide insights to the advertiser/agency.
- Present the Microsoft and Bing Ads story at industry events and engage in customer activities/events to increase industry and product knowledge.
- Continuous business learning and professional growth: Develop a working knowledge of Microsoft’s transformation, establish peer to peer and mentoring, and leverage all training resources.
- Be an advocate of Microsoft’s strategy to empower every individual and organisation on the planet to achieve more
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're looking for:
- Demonstrable expertise at Executive level across the Digital advertising spectrum, able to talk competently around programmatic, display and digital media, with a strong understanding of the digital landscape
- Given challenges across the Travel sector, a tenacious and quick-thinking individual, accustomed to owning strategy, growing from the ground-up, able to take Travel customers on a journey and help drive the vertical
- Advanced CxO and senior stakeholder expertise, able to effect change through influence, build relationships, help grow and enable selling of solutions, exhibiting a disrupter-type, pro-active change mentality
- Leadership - able to lead on team initiatives, comfortable presenting to CxO level, leading a team through change, helping to build out and execute strategy
- Relentless focus on the customer experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to deliver customer-focussed solutions
- Flexibility to maintain focus through change and thrive amid ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity and meeting deadlines
- Experience working in a sales or customer service organization
- High level competence with MS Office (Excel, knowledge of Outlook, Power Point)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.