|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
- Do you enjoy working on complex and challenging projects, programmes and portfolios, delivering real and meaningful value?
- Are you keen to work with client teams to build delivery capability and delivery excellence?
- Would you be motivated by working collaboratively with diverse project teams, often with a mix of both colleagues and clients?
- Is being able to shape your own career pathway and support the development of others important to you?
If so, our Delivery consultant role could be for you!
Our Delivery Team is PA’s Centre of Excellence for all project, programme and portfolio capability. The team has a great reputation for realising high value outcomes for our clients by supporting and leading delivery across their most critical projects, programmes and portfolios. Developing meaningful and long-standing partnerships with our clients, the team also has an extensive track record of providing crucial advisory services and building delivery capability and delivery excellence for client teams at all levels.
Our growing team covers the full spectrum of delivery expertise. Our experience ranges from supporting highly complex business transformations, delivering ‘harder’ infrastructure and engineering projects, and providing deep technical expertise on IT and technology driven change. Our team operates across a number of sectors, and this opportunity is focussed on working with clients within Transport, Travel and Logistics
We work on some of the most challenging assignments in the Transport sector to make a real difference for our clients. We work in roads, rail, aviation, maritime and logistics, and support world-class future transport developments such as autonomous vehicles and drones. Recent high-profile assignments include:
- Helping Virgin Hyperloop One reinvent transport by supporting their plans for complex traffic control software
- Working with Doha Metro to ensure new lines are on track to make the 2022 World Cup a success
- Helping Highways England to reduce traffic congestion using dark data insights
- Working with Network Rail to protect the UK’s rail infrastructure from cyber attack.
In addition, projects in other sectors include;
- Establishing a brand-new business unit for the Financial Ombudsman Service to manage millions of PPI mis-selling claims
- Helping a Global Pharmaceutical Company double their production volume of medical devices
- Transforming Ariad Pharmaceuticals’ technology platforms and services to accelerate lung cancer drug research and treatments
- Managing key transformation programmes in the NHS to improve patient care and sustainability.
What we're looking for
We are seeking to grow our team by recruiting talented individuals with experience across all types of projects, programmes and change.
We are looking for candidates with the potential to become future project and programme leaders, with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Core experience of delivery in project and programme environments, with an understanding of delivery/change methodologies, processes, techniques and common challenges
- A track record of realising business benefits and outcomes
- The ability to demonstrate leadership skills in large and diverse project teams
- Ability to work across multiple levels of an organisation
- An aptitude for delivering creative and ingenious solutions
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working in the Transport, Travel or Logistics sectors
- Familiarity delivering systems, technologies and solutions
- Understanding of the strategic or operational context of these sectors
- SC security clearance
- An interest in developing new business (this activity can take a number of different forms depending on relative experience and rank)
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- A drive for personal and professional progression
Our Delivery consultants are expected to be hands-on, working together with our clients to bring energy, direction and expertise in helping to solve the most difficult delivery challenges. Whether it be facilitating workshops, providing detailed project planning or helping to manage complex and senior stakeholders, we pride ourselves on partnering with clients, providing a service that delivers real and long lasting value.
In addition to the formal benefits set out below, we are passionate about the personal and career development of all of our consultants. Our team is committed to providing the opportunities, support, training and coaching required at all levels to ensure our consultants can all achieve their potential.
Private medical insurance
25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
Company pension scheme
Annual performance-based bonus
Life and Income protection insurance
Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we will offer you fascinating work, unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realise your potential. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the EU/UK region* We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.