|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing management, engineering and development services on projects in over 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Our Bristol Office employs over 300 staff across a variety of disciplines including bridges, building structures, highways and light & heavy rail. Due to a strong project portfolio we are looking for an additional Senior Civil/Bridge Engineer to join our growing Bridges and Civil Structures team.
As a key member of the Bridges and Civil Structures team your primary responsibilities will be:
* To lead the design and assessment of civil engineering structures including checking and peer support/review
* To develop new opportunities in the rail and highway bridges markets
* Act as Civils CRE and coordinate civils design with other disciplines
You will be expected to produce high quality designs, incorporating multi-disciplinary models and engineering drawings for both rail and highway projects. You will have the opportunity to work closely with other disciplines within Mott MacDonald to form integrated multi-disciplinary teams, thus the ability to communicate and co-operate well with others is critical.
As well as the above you will be required to:
* Develop close relationships with clients
* Produce bids
* Support and develop junior team members
* Project manage small and medium sized projects
This is a long-term career appointment with the opportunity to further enhance your already strong technical skillset across a range of civil engineering aspects through working on a variety of diverse projects including many with a high industry and public profile. The opportunity to advance to a more senior position within Mott MacDonald is available to those candidates that have the ability and aptitude and can demonstrate a commitment to technical and professional excellence and team development.
You will have a strong bridge technical capability and be highly competent in the use of Eurocodes and Network Rail Standards. You will be required to have the following qualifications and experience:
* BEng/MEng in civil engineering,
* Chartered Member of the ICE or IStructE
* Experience of working in UK bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control.
* Experienced in the use of recognised modelling software, e.g. LUSAS, AutoDesk Structural Bridge Designer, MIDAS, Autodesk Robot etc.
* Proven work winning track record
* Proven team management experience, with the ability to lead and mentor graduates
* Experience in designing heavy civil engineering structures such as flood walls and retaining structures.
* Ability to complete design calculations, produce technical reports, specifications and design risk assessments with minimal supervision
* Ability to work proactively to meet deadlines within budget and programme constraints
* Ability to manage change, risk and commercial issues as project manager and report progress and results to managers and clients