|Job Type:||Full Time|
To help drive the transformation, J.P. Morgan Merchant Services is seeking a uniquely talented, client-focused product professional. The candidate will be joining the Client Engagement team to form the link directly between our clients and our product owners. The objectives of this role center on successfully expanding our geographic footprint with key clients through an expert understanding of their payment needs while commercializing the delivery of multiple client-focused solutions at the right time and level of quality in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, Agile environment.
The candidate will obsess over the client experience using their expertise in understanding client and market needs, emerging technologies, and payment trends to influence our target experiences. The ideal candidate comes from a relationship management, sales, product strategy or payments product management background. Preferable would be experience at a payment service provider/merchant acquirer, payments network, or within a merchant payments organization. The candidate must have a deep understanding of the payments industry, the merchant value chain, and be able to translate client feedback into actionable insights. Finally, the ideal candidate is a highly-organized and self-motivated team player who is passionate about the space, flexibly adapts to internal & market forces, and has superior influencing and relationship management skills.
- Highly visible, interactive engagement with clients.
- Represent our clients to the product teams through an expert understanding of their needs. Day to day, this part of your role would entail deep qualification of payments needs which accurately captures client expectations and incremental value added by improving each feature, as well as representing the client in discussions with product owners to answer specific design questions.
- Coordinate client engagements with sales and relationship management teams across Merchant Services, Treasury Services, Commercial Bank, and the Global Corporate Bank. This critical element of the role will see you organizing cross-LOB meetings to coordinate sales pipelines, right-size bottoms-up revenue planning, grouping clients in to thin-sliced deliveries, and working with field leaders to drive conversion/migration activities.
- Sales consulting. Join a global team with regional components serving as the Helix/International Expansion SME during client engagements.
- Commercialization. Assist our marketing, communications, and commercialization teams as they prepare for go-to-market. Give feedback on pricing, implementation/service models, value prop messaging, etc.
- Serve as the voice of the client to executive leadership with a firm voice.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchant payments industry, value chain, and key players across traditional card acquiring and alternative methods of payment
- Experience and comfort level working with C-suite level clients
- Ability to work independently and create goals and vision for delivery in ambiguous or new situations
- Proven track record of driving strategy and execution in global organizations
- Demonstrated strong leadership and insightful analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, with desire of using both in collaboration with potential partners and internal stakeholders
- Sense of urgency with a disposition to execute
- Demonstrated career of successful program implementations
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Extremely competent at producing executive level presentations / reports for internal / external distribution
- Ability to be flexible working with multiple time zones
- Relevant experience
- Travel as needed, up to 50%, conditions permitting