Service Designer – Customer Experience Design -Global Commercial Banking
Some careers offer brighter prospects than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Service Designer – Customer Experience Design
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small enterprises, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories. HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are recruiting a Service Designer to join a forward-thinking, creative, dynamic team to help us deliver an exceptional Customer Experience for our Corporate customers globally.
Our customers want to focus on building and growing their businesses – and we want to support them in doing that by removing their financial stresses and helping them to achieve their business goals. This means that our experience vision is to both strengthen our customers’ finances and reduce the emotional strains they feel. We’re excited to bring together the emotional and financial side of banking to make a difference for our customers and our company.
To support our customer experience vision, we’re changing the way we think and work across the Global Corporate Bank (GCMB). Our Customer Experience Design team has been established to deliver material improvements for our customers and colleagues, while also transforming GCMB to be a customer-led organisation. As part of CXD, our team of Service Designers support these goals by helping our business to fundamentally change the way we create and deliver solutions.
Simply put, our mission in CXD is to embed Design Thinking into our company’s DNA. We’re continuing to build our team with people that are motivated by the challenge to improve the way we problem-solve and make an impact for our customers and colleagues. More specifically, our team is growing with wonderful people that have strong Service Design capabilities and expertise, as well as a passion for building teams and embedding human-centric design. With your help, we’ll scale this way of working and enable our company to not only achieve our vision, but also continuously evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs globally.
The Service Designer role is a key position responsible for helping to drive the implementation of the Customer Experience vision across CMB. This role provides an opportunity to work with global cross-functional teams and to influence the direction of our business and senior leaders. In short, you can have a direct impact on shaping and delivering key experiences for millions of customers and thousands of colleagues around the world.
We are looking for people who have a strong understanding and belief in design thinking principles, proven experience in transformative change and the requisite skills to deliver valuable outcomes. As a service designer you deeply understand the relationship between creating value for the customer and the business, as well as what it takes to make it a reality. You are able to apply your craft to solving the most challenging business problems and adept in creating compelling solutions. You feel as comfortable creating desirable services as you do defining viable propositions and feasible operating models.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and applying any research method needed and being able to coordinate the logistics in order to execute it;
- Rapidly identifying and testing key hypotheses that will inform the project direction;
- Comfortable working with quant designers to identify opportunities to optimize solutions in-market;
- Co-creating end-to-end and front-to-back solutions with global, cross-functional teams to deliver a future-fit banking ecosystem;
- Creating and embedding customer (and business!) empathy and insights into the teams;
- Strengthening the way teams define problems and hypotheses;
- Participating in cross-functional teams to conduct research, generate and test ideas, and incorporate customer feedback into solutions;
- Building capabilities and knowledge within our CXD team on the latest tools and techniques, customer needs, behaviour and perceptions, and the business and industry drivers;
- Inspiring and mentoring the wider CMB team to build and evolve our Design Thinking mind set, tools and techniques, including facilitating and leading interactive Design Thinking sessions as a co-facilitator;
- Helping to shape seamless processes that embed Design Thinking into the way our business creates solutions - consistently and at scale - alongside the Head of Customer Experience;
- Further generating awareness, interest and support for Service Design and Design Thinking across the business.
The role holder will have responsibility to create enhanced experiences, with the focus on enabling our colleagues to have the mind-set, framework and tools to continuously create proven solutions for our customers and business. As a Service Designer, you’ll also have the opportunity to really bring Design Thinking into the core of our business and act as a Design Thinking coach for teams across the Corporate bank.