Service Designer – Customer Experience - Commercial Banking
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small enterprises, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories. HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are recruiting a Service Designer to join a forward-thinking, creative, dynamic team to help us deliver an exceptional Customer Experience for our Corporate customers globally.
Our customers want to focus on building and growing their businesses – and we want to support them in doing that by removing their financial stresses. This means that our experience vision is to both strengthen our customers’ finances and reduce the emotional strains they feel. We’re excited to bring together the emotional and financial side of banking to make a difference for our customers and our company.
To support our customer experience vision, we’re changing the way we think and work across the Global Corporate Bank (GCMB). Our Customer Experience team has been established to be a front-runner in our business to both deliver material improvements for our customers and colleagues, while also transforming GCMB to be a customer-led organisation. As part of CX, our team of Service Designers support these goals by helping our business to fundamentally change the way we create and deliver solutions.
Quite simply put, our mission in CX is to embed Design Thinking into our company’s DNA. We’re continuing to build our team with people that are motivated by the challenge to improve the way we problem-solve and make an impact for our customers and colleagues. More specifically, our team is growing with wonderful people that have strong Service Design capabilities and expertise, as well as a passion for building teams and embedding human-centric design systemically. With your help, we’ll scale this way of working and enable our company to not only achieve our customer vision, but also continuously evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs globally. This unique opportunity to make an impact around the world is just starting and it’s a great time to join and help strengthen our team.
The role of Service Designer is a key position responsible for helping to drive the implementation of the Customer Experience vision across CMB. This role provides an opportunity to work across cross-functional teams globally and to contribute to building the direction of our business. In short, you can have a direct impact on shaping and delivering key experiences for millions of customers and thousands of colleagues around the world. This role will report into the Senior Service Designer.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Conducting research synthesis across multiple insight sources to structure hypotheses for key design questions
- Co-creating end-to-end solutions with global, cross-functional teams to deliver an iconic banking ecosystem
- Creating and embedding customer (and business!) empathy and insights into the teams
- Strengthening the way teams define problems and hypotheses
- Participating in cross-functional teams in researching, generating and testing ideas, and incorporating customer feedback into solutions
- Building capabilities and knowledge within our Customer Experience team on the latest tools and techniques, customer needs, behaviour and perceptions, and the business and industry drivers
- Inspiring and mentoring the wider CMB team to build and evolve our Design Thinking mindset, tools and techniques, including facilitating and leading interactive Design Thinking sessions as a co-facilitator
- Helping to shape seamless processes that embed Design Thinking into the way our business creates solutions - consistently and at scale - alongside the Head of Customer Experience
- Further generating awareness, interest and support for Service Design and Design Thinking across the business