|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Our Built Environment team is seeking an experienced carbon consultant to join our advisory team in London, although other locations may be considered, to help grow our net zero service offerings to new and existing clients particularly in the healthcare and higher education sectors. The successful candidate will have solid experience within a similar role and would be responsible for the delivery of carbon assessments for a wide range of projects in the buildings sector, or broader built environment.
* Ability to be the lead assessor and advisor within projects that require whole lifecycle assessment
* Assess the performance of projects against national and international standards as well as industry best practice and to inform the development of project design with regards to operational and embodied carbon
* Help clients align their policies and processes to national Net Zero legislation and local planning policy, helping them understand what it means for them, and how to ensure that current and future projects meet these objectives
* Support business development related activities, identifying opportunities/prospects to allow us to prepare/position the team to produce winning proposals for other work
* Prepare contracts and bid submissions
* Support the wider technical design teams in developing and delivering projects from inception to handover and completion with regard to carbon management; this will include scheme definition, feasibility studies, design development, procurement and contract administration
The role will include a mix of long-term and short-term projects nationally and is expected to support the wider Mott MacDonald businesses to grow and develop their net zero and carbon management capability, working closely with the global Mott MacDonald energy, carbon, built environment and sustainability communities. The role involves mentoring of junior staff, contributing to winning new work and will be client facing at a senior level.
Ideally but not essential you will have experience within a similar role and would have helped clients previously with energy and carbon assessments and reporting in order to assist energy reduction and decarbonisation decision making. Mandatory is a background in embed binding carbon and energy targets into buildings and a willingness to develop further to support advisory services for strategic decision making. Candidates must have a passion and drive for helping clients transition their thinking in response to the climate emergency - reducing the carbon footprint of the built environment.
* Degree / post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline
* Experience in leading the delivery of low carbon/low energy strategies and whole lifecycle carbon assessments across a range of project types delivery against scope, quality and budget, with focus on the buildings sector
* Knowledge of key principles and methodologies associated with energy and carbon reduction in the built environment, e.g. Energy assessments, carbon foot-printing, whole lifecycle carbon management; RICS whole lifecycle carbon assessment; the UKGBC net zero framework, LETI targets
* Knowledge of legislation and policy influencing operational and embodied carbon and climate change
* An attitude and desire to help clients on a journey towards alignment to net zero legislation,