|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Our Built Environment team is seeking an experienced advisory consultant to join our advisory team in London, although other locations may be considered, to help grow our net zero carbon service offerings to new and existing clients, particularly in the Healthcare and Education sectors.
The role will include a mix of long-term and short-term projects nationally and can be expected to support the wider Mott MacDonald businesses to grow and develop their net zero and carbon management capability, working closely with the global Mott MacDonald energy, carbon, built environment and sustainability communities as well as our wider Global Advisory discipline.
* Help clients align their policies and processes to national Net Zero legislation, and local planning policy, helping them understand what it means for them, and how to ensure that current and future projects meet these objectives;
* Engaging with clients regarding whole lifecycle methodology and overlaying carbon management on that process;
* Engagement with built environment clients at senior level;
* Embed carbon and energy management within design and delivery activities;
* Help clients understand best practice through liaising with technical experts, translating technical principles;
* Support business development-related activities, identifying opportunities/prospects to allow us to prepare/position the team to produce winning proposals for other work;
* Prepare contracts and bid submissions;
* Support the wider advisory and technical design teams in developing and delivering projects from inception to handover and completion; this will include scheme definition, feasibility studies, design development, procurement and contract administration.
The role involves mentoring of junior staff, contributing to winning new work and will often be client facing at a senior level.
Ideally but not essential you will have experience within a similar role and would have helped clients previously with consideration of future challenges such as climate change as well as embedding energy reduction, carbon management or sustainability within projects, particularly in the early phases. Mandatory is a background in built environment consultancy (project management, advisory or engineering) with a willingness to learn and a passion and drive for helping clients transition their thinking in response to the climate emergency - reducing the operational and embodied carbon footprint of the built environment.