|Location:||Conwy Principal Area|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Mott MacDonald's Cardiff team is a rapidly growing group of multidisciplinary engineers' delivering a diverse range of projects. Our geotechnical team is currently involved in projects as diverse as HS2, local highways schemes as well as local and international reservoirs schemes. Due to this rapidly expanding workload the Geotechnical Team require an Engineer to support the delivery of these schemes. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join a young, diverse team of Civil Engineers and Engineering Geologists delivering a wide range of exciting projects.
A bit about your role
Whilst part of the broader Wales Geotechnical team the role will be based from our Colwyn Bay office providing geotechnical support to a range of Civil and Highways schemes across the North Wales area. However, when required the you will also provide support to the broad and diverse portfolio of woks be delivered by the Wales team as a whole.
In addition to providing geotechnical support to large multi-disciplinary schemes you'll be expected to manage small to medium size geotechnical projects. Whilst there will be a primary focus on project delivery and technical support, the role will also encompass business development with the desire that you will contribute to the continued growth of the business in this important region. It is envisaged that in the near term that this increased workload may lead to further growth of the geotechnical team locally and therefore you may be required to undertake a personnel management role.
Required criteria for ideal Senior Geotechnical Engineer
* Chartered Engineer or Geologist with either an MEng in Civil Engineering, MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
* Experienced in the design of site investigations, the preparation of site investigation contracts and the supervision of field works
* Experienced in the assessment of slope stability including kinematic analysis of rock slopes and the design of slope stabilisation measures such as soil nails and the rock anchor techniques
* Ideally have experience of client facing project management and be confident with a business development role
* The ability to manage and mentor junior members of staff is also highly desirable