|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Would you like the opportunity to work on a wide range of technical challenges for our customers?
Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems?
Join our innovating Development team
Our Digital Solutions business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team works with internal cross-functional teams and customers to deliver successful and innovative products on our cloud-based platform.
Create the future of our software products
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will work with customers, product owners and development teams to implement and develop user interfaces. You will be part of a collaborative team working to deliver cutting-edge client facing technologies and enhancements. You will have the opportunity to create and develop your ability whilst utilizing the latest software technology.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the coding, testing, documentation, implementation and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes and customer requirements
- Developing creative proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy to navigate user interfaces (UI) to include graphics, icons and color schemes
- Collaborating with teams to define standards, best practices and processes around application development and design
- Engaging with cross-functional teams and internal customers in a global-matrix environment to deliver innovative software solutions
- Implementing functional and technical enhancements to meet business needs and requirements
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or Engineering discipline or show equivalent, demonstrable work experience
- Demonstrate experience with Front-End design and development frameworks such as Angular, Node or similar
- Show experience in developing Object-Oriented software following a test-driven-development processes
- Display knowledge of back-end technologies such as Java Spring or similar, tooling such as Maven or Git and the use of cloud services such as AWS
- Have a basic knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL or be willing to learn
- Have a basic knowledge of NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or MongoDB or be willing to learn
- Have experience of working in an AGILE environment and knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Be familiar with or be willing to learn how to configure RESTful API's
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills to articulate highly technical information in a clear and easy to understand manner
- Be a good team player, enjoy collaborating and solving problems with others
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
We believe in rewarding our people with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
- Life assurance and income protection
- Private medical cover
- A defined contributory savings plan
- Additional elected benefits.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we develop and deploy industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward. For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we bring our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values ideas and new ways of thinking? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.