|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Transmission & Distribution division are recruiting a Senior Power Systems Engineer to be part of an integral team delivering large projects across the world. We aim to provide our employees the opportunities to work on some of the most exciting projects and will support this with the required training and mentoring by experts residing in our UK and global offices.
You will be involved in projects which will include the following roles:
* Power System Analysis - load flow, short circuit, dynamic & transient stability, harmonic analysis, protection, arc flash evaluation
* Power System modelling - conversant with IPSA, ETAP, DigSilent and PTW; PSS/E v3x & higher and PSCAD knowledge will be useful but not critical
* Visiting projects sites and power plants to collect data, sometimes via measurements
* Analysing and interpreting simulation and test data using industry standard tools
* Report preparation and presentation to clients
* Having an appreciation of the roles of fellow professionals on other projects and interfacing and coordinating with them appropriately
* Interfacing with clients, suppliers and contractors
* Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of technical engineering codes and practices and taking a 'hands on' role in technical matters both at project level
* Electrical engineering degree (minimum BSc/BEng; MSc/MEng or PhD in power systems will be an advantage).
* Proficiency in IPSA, ETAP, DigSilent, PTW and other power simulation software
* Team player and willingness to follow instructions
* Commercial awareness and ability to develop business through existing and new workstreams
* High level of IT literacy and numeracy skills
* Ability to be adaptable and able to work both independently and as part of a team
* Ability to manage small project teams delivering projects within time and budget
* Ability to produce clear and logical written communication
* Have a systematic logical approach to problem solving
* Pay strong attention to detail and demonstrate accurate work
* Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and client needs
* Highly motivated to learn on the job, interface with clients, as well as undertake training
* Willingness to travel internationally from time to time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.