|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace
Our Buildings & Infrastructure Unit are looking for an experienced Principal Civil Engineer to take a key role in the regional Rail Civils business. The Principal Civil Engineer will have involvement in technical delivery of rail civils projects, managing a team and contributing to winning work. In order to deliver high quality, cost effective and tailored solutions you'll be professionally qualified, have demonstrable experience of rail civils project delivery and possess a strong technical background. You will be able to contribute to the growth and expansion of our skills base and capabilities.
As Rail Principal Civil Engineer, you will be working on a range of projects. You will be expected to combine managerial leadership and technical responsibilities, promote a collaborative approach & inspire the team to deliver projects to quality, budget and timescales, requiring a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. The role will be supportive to growing the rail sector works and portfolio within the local team through successful bidding and enhanced reputation.
Key elements of the Rail Principal Civil Engineer are:
* Technical Excellence
o Providing specialist technical leadership
o Advancing BIM capability
o Developing rail civils team skill & capability
* Growing the Portfolio
o Developing client relationships & assisting in development of the portfolio
o Contributing to bid proposals and submissions
o Supporting bidding for future works
o Undertaking the Bid Manager role.
* Successful Project Delivery
o Managing, planning, design and implementation of rail civil projects
Meeting client requirements for quality standards, programme and budget
o Controlling project resources and managing budgets
o Compliance with corporate governance processes
o Undertaking the Project Manager role.
* Leadership & Management
o Providing management support & leadership
o Mentoring and developing staff
As a Rail Principal Civil Engineer, you will be technically strong, combining managerial leadership and technical responsibilities, promote a collaborative approach & inspire the team to deliver projects to quality, budget and timescales. The role carries a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
* Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
* Chartered (or possibly Incorporated) Engineer
* Demonstrable record of designing and delivering rail civil engineering projects
* Technical in-depth experience of Network Rail processes and procedures (including design, specification and construction documentation)
* Undertaken CRE roles
* Experienced in leading multi-discipline project teams
* Experience of managing programmes and resources, delivering to time and budget
* Supported preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions
* Demonstrated commercial and financial awareness
* Experienced in application of BIM
* Confident, articulate, collaborative & proactive
* Looking to develop your career with training support.