|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 17,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Mott MacDonald is involved in various strategic and innovative projects involving the planning and development of hydrogen infrastructure. Based on the global decarbonisation targets, hydrogen will play a key role in future energy systems. As part of our growth strategy we are expanding our technical teams working on hydrogen projects and are looking for engineers with experience in the hydrogen value chain.
This role will involve working within the hydrogen initiative and actively contributing to the development of the business by delivering projects. These projects include electrolysis based hydrogen production systems, hydrogen refuelling stations, hydrogen storage (pressurised vessels, cryogenic, below ground salt caverns) and associated balance of plant. The successful candidate will be required to work with integrated multi-disciplinary teams across different sectors to deliver innovative solutions within the cross-vector energy system focussing on hydrogen systems and installations.
The role will be based within Mott MacDonald's Energy Unit but will require working with specialists in Mott MacDonald's transport and built environment sectors.
Essential competencies / skills:
* Strong engineering background (with a specialism in Electrochemical Engineering, Process Engineering or equivalent)
* Demonstratable experience developing hydrogen systems and technologies including electrolysis-based production systems, fuel cell power production and advanced hydrogen conversion systems.
* Demonstratable experience meeting deliverables, project objectives and targets and developing innovative solutions.
* Relevant system design experience including the development of PFDs, P&IDs, control architectures and associated system modelling capability.
* Research and development background in the development of hydrogen based technologies an advantage.
* Understanding of relevant regulatory and safety requirements associated with hydrogen gas installations, COMAH etc.
* Management and control of risks including HAZOP/HAZID etc
* Excellent report writing and communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
* Sharp analytical skills and the ability to present quantitative knowledge to non-experts
* Ability to meet tight deadlines
* Preparedness to travel worldwide on short business assignments
* Excellent working ability of MS Office and relevant software packages
Desired competencies / skills:
* Appreciation of project risk and mitigation
* Previous experience in hydrogen infrastructure projects such as production, refuelling and storage
* Energy and process modelling skills using relevant software packages
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
* Appreciation of commercial sphere of project work including contract terms
* Project Management experience
* Proposal experience