|Job Type:||Full Time|
Locations: Bristol, Swindon, Andover, Plymouth, Cambridge and Reading
Interested in working on major programmes and projects, often at the cutting edge of technology?
Interested in joining a leading multi-billion pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunity for long term career prospects and the ability to work across multiple sectors?
At Mott MacDonald, we are dedicated to tackling our clients' toughest portfolio, programme and project challenges in order to achieve successful outcomes. We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
Owning to the expansion of our defence business we have exciting opportunities for project management professionals to join our fast-growing team in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the most complex and challenging projects in the UK today. Within the Mott MacDonald family we are looking to attract the finest talent to be part of this journey as we mobilise for a number of key opportunities across a broad portfolio of both defence and energy programmes. All of the programmes are long term opportunities allowing you to grow and develop your career throughout.
We are seeking a Project Director to be part of our senior leadership team who demonstrates a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
* Proven senior leadership and positive behaviours to support both delivery and growth within the business. Lead and develop large multi-discipline teams
* Take accountability and ownership of the successful and safe delivery of major projects and professional services frameworks
* Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to manage their expectations and build trusted relationships
* Creation of an open and collaborative environment forming integrated project teams with client and partner organisations
* Ability to identify and realise business development opportunities securing new business growth. Including enhancing our account leadership to support broadening and strengthening our client engagement.
* Delivery of operational revenue targets at project and/or framework level. Including setting future resource demands to inform development and recruitment activities.
* Set clear direction and goals for delivery teams. Provide space and latitude for teams to achieve their objectives
* Establishment and chairing of project governance reviews
* Mentor and coach individuals and teams
* Identification and monitoring project and framework risks and opportunities
* Ensure the effective application of quality management processes for project activities and outputs
* Management of key suppliers and partner organisations
To be successful in this role you will need:
* Visible senior leadership and positive behaviours including self-motivation, flexibility, effective listening, creativity, collaborative style and ability to positively influence
* A proven track record in major project and/or framework delivery, in defence (preferred) or similar technical sectors
* Demonstrable knowledge and application of project management methodologies
* Be a self-starter with ability to operate both autonomously and as part of a larger team
* Flexibility to travel and work in different sectors and clients
* Excellent oral and written communication and organisation skills
* Computer literacy in Microsoft applications
* Must have existing MOD security clearance (SC or higher) and hold a UK passport
Desired Qualifications and Accreditations:
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent
* Project Management Qualifications (e.g. APM PMQ level or equivalent)
* Membership of relevan