LNER is the rail company that stepped in and took over the East Coast mainline after Virgin Trains East Coast. We began our journey on Sunday 24 June 2018 and we have ambitious plans to change the face of train travel. We want to create a service everybody loves, that our people are proud to work for and helps the communities that we’re part of, to flourish.
We kept our promise to maintain a seamless transition between old and new. While doing that, we launched the future of rail travel, with our new Azuma train. It’s already a great success, introducing more seats, more space and above all, punctuality.
Whether you’re nipping to your auntie’s for cake and a cuppa, braving a meeting with the boss or treating the kids to a day of candy floss and sandy toes. We’re with you. Making it happen. Connecting towns and cities, people and places with pride.
Everything we do at LNER is geared towards delivering great experiences for our passengers, our colleagues and our communities.
Together, we’re driving innovation and transforming rail travel. By being on time, having more trains and more seats, to the huge leaps in engineering like our stunning Azuma train.
People, places and moving forward are top of our list. We embrace the communities that we operate in, welcome change and are determined to constantly improve everyone’s travel experience across the nation. Not only that, our team is proud to be part of LNER and because of this, they deliver a great service. A service better than anyone else because they care a little bit more.
That’s what makes us LNER.
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
The job sounds good doesn't it…? We hardly needed to write an advert…
But we did think you'd like to know a few ins and outs about this excellent opportunity we have to offer. If you want to find out more, read on, if we got you at the job title what are you waiting for…? APPLY NOW!
At LNER we are leading the industry around innovation to solve major issues affecting our customers and people. We have an aspiring five-year plan, along with the resource and funding to deliver digital transformation - a step change in travel.
LNER's retail systems are responsible for completing hundreds of millions of pounds in sales and it's therefore imperative to test any changes thoroughly.
Reporting to the Digital Test Manager, the role will be responsible for undertaking Usability/User Experience (UX) testing on new and current releases of software and hardware. This will involve testing a range of systems in use by LNER and ensuring that the LNER retail estate remains and conforms to RSP accreditation standards.
The Digital UX Test Analyst will be responsible for the management and securities management of the LNER UX testing lab and for working in conjunction with the LNER products and IT team to maintain an efficient UX testing lab.
What would you be doing…?
- Create, execute and document UX test scripts against the various systems used by LNER
- Carry out User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for each new software or hardware release, including full regression testing and confirmation testing, with specific focus on the UX
- Using release notes supplied by suppliers create relevant confirmation test scripts to support the new functionality. Using documented business requirements or accreditation guidance create relevant test scripts
- Complete additional testing as required to support current software and hardware, including replication, regression testing and smoke testing
- Take active part in daily/weekly/periodic defect calls/meetings
- Work with Rail Delivery Group where required on accreditation of relevant rail retail systems ensuring that relevant processes are followed and complied with.
- Represent test team in various project management working groups where testing resources are required
- Act as test analyst on all major system deployments (some offsite/overnight working x4/5 times per year will be required)
- Maintain a secondary competence role for the purpose of contingency planning
- Ensure relevant training and competencies are gained and maintained in order to resource our continued service during times of disruption
Got your attention yet…? Of course, with this being such a specialist role, there are a few ‘must haves'…
What do we need you to have…?
- Experience of creating, executing and documenting both manual and automated test scripts (where applicable) and reviewing results
- Background in UX testing
- Background in carrying out User Acceptance Testing
- Experienced in software/hardware test methodologies
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of transport retail systems and processes
- Knowledge of rail accreditation testing is desirable
- An understanding of Atlassian, JIRA and Confluence products is desirable but not essential
- A dedicated, self-motivated individual, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimal supervision
- A customer focused and collaborative approach to work
- Have a structured and diligent approach to the production of test documentation and processes
Are you ready to guide LNER through some huge changes?? Want to be the custodian for all thing's UX testing across LNER? It's time to update your CV and click ‘apply'.
We look forward to reading over your application.
What We Offer
We’re very picky about who works for LNER. So when you wear the LNER uniform, you have to be at the top of your game. Our customers expect the very best service and we expect you to deliver it.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary. Oh, and throw in a benefits package traditionally described as ‘generous’.
- Free travel on LNER trains for you and your dependants
- 75% off other Train operating companies (again for you and your dependants)
- Discounted international travel after one years service
- 50% discount for friend and family
- Generous pension scheme
Along with various schemes and offers
What happens next?
We promise we’ll let you know as soon as we can the outcome of your application and/or any testing you do.
If you are successful, you’ll be invited along to an interview or to take part in one of our assessment centres. These can include interview, group exercise, role play, or more tests (we have lots of industry standard tests that help us keep everyone safe!). During these sessions, we’ll get to know more about you and you can also make sure we are right for you – it’s a two-way process!