|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for a career that will utilize your passion for technology? Are you interested in receiving unrivalled training, superb career opportunities and the chance to work with the latest technologies? Are you interested in joining a team of outstanding technology professionals who are trusted advisors, subject matter experts and help our customers leverage the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings to get the most out of their technology and move their business forward?
Our Mission Statement:
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Customer Engineer – Microsoft Azure
Customer Engineers provide technical leadership for Enterprise customers around the world, to help ensure their environments are kept secure, are optimized and healthy through proactive and consultative services, delivered either remotely or on-premises. This includes guidance on recommended practices, risk assessments, migrations, solution and architecture review, remote and dedicated support services. As part of the Customer Success Unit, CE’s partners with Commercial Technical Support and Enterprise Services to strengthen the Microsoft Services field engineering capability worldwide. We consult with experienced technical teams to ensure they have the skills to troubleshoot and maintain their solution in-line with Microsoft recommended practices.
We've opportunities for individuals that possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical specialty - Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) - and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting. You will also need to be able to examine possible workarounds and escalations as required. Set an example of excellence as a Microsoft representative, enhancing the company's image and reputation through your credibility, preparation, commitment and first-class delivery.
This role will require advanced communication skills and the ability to develop strategic on-going customer relationships, gaining trust and respect for the company.
Our Azure Customer Engineers must also possess strong technical writing, presentation and training skills, enjoy working collaboratively as a team and actively contribute to their peer group as well as our customer account teams.
Azure Customer Engineers should be experienced at implementing, automating and troubleshooting Microsoft Azure Infrastructure solutions.
We're keen on expertise gained working across enterprise customer environments. While our key relationships are typically with our customers’ 3rd line infrastructure support teams, Azure Customer Engineers increasingly find themselves working with developer, storage or network support teams, so need to be confident working in these areas.
The Azure Customer Engineer role requires knowledge and experience in a number of the following technologies/areas:
Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) core knowledge:
Other technical areas we look for demonstrated ability are:
- Azure Governance / Cloud Adoption FrameworkAzure Policy, Management Groups, Governance / Compliance as Code
- ARM JSON or Terraform Templates – (Infrastructure as code) Azure CLI and/or PowerShell
- Strong understanding of Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of On-Premises Infrastructure solutions; AD DS, DNS, Monitoring, Patching
- Security concepts for Cloud Infrastructure and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Azure AD Connect knowledge and experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills and support experience
- Face-to-face customer engagement skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Troubleshooting knowledge & skills, Microsoft Certifications and/or AWS qualifications desirable
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of Agile / Scrum / ITIL / Service Management
Skills in the following technologies would be considered desirable:
- Azure DevOps, Github or Jenkins, Git Source Control and Release Pipelines
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and Containers / Docker knowledge
- Microsoft Enterprise Scale Landing Zones (Enterprise Scaffold)
- Configuration as code, such as Desired State Configuration (DSC), Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Automation / Orchestration knowledge – Azure Automation, Runbooks
- Microsoft Azure Stack Hub / Hybrid Cloud – Connected and/or Disconnected Scenario
- Knowledge of Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Sentinel, Azure Security Center
PaaS, Containers, App Services, REST APIs, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.