|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a User Experience Designer in our Chief Technology Office Product Experience team, you will join a team focused on creating a best in class experience for our community of over 50k technologists. You will lead the planning and execution of multiple projects with Product and Engineering teams across the Chief Technology Office to design elegant user interfaces that are intuitive, usable and beautiful.
As technologists have inherently complex needs, we are looking for hands on and passionate technologists that will thrive in our innovative, collaborative and delivery focused environment to work in complex domains on exciting new challenges.
About the Chief Technology Office:
The Chief Technology Office relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will improve the experience of our technologists across all our lines of business around the globe. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs.
As a leader in our User Experience team, you’ll be responsible for making sure that our User Experience team has industry-leading talent to develop best-in-class products for our customers. You’ll work with other leaders in Corporate Technology to craft and implement overall strategy visions for our User Experience team.
Not only will you be responsible for delivering quality projects in a timely manner, but you'll also help foster an inclusive and innovative culture. Primary responsibilities include building and nurturing a world-class experience team, fostering relationships with key partners, managing complex projects and team workloads, and further developing our systems by supporting library methodologies to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 to 15 years of progressive UI/UX design experience in software, web, and mobile environments
- Proven track record of strategic thinking, with deep experience managing a team of UX professionals and delivering projects in a large-scale, complex enterprise environment
- Proven record of establishing and growing a global team of designers
- Proven record of managing a global team
- Exceptional ability in UX design innovation and associated cultural design
- Ability to pioneer next-generation design systems
- Expert understanding of UX fundamentals and next-generation UX paradigms
- Proven ability to develop relationships across all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to executive staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Proven background as a UX Designer close enough to review design work, attend labs when necessary etc
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.