|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their careers.
The customer operations team is part of the Customer Success Group (CSG) and is responsible for managing our top tier customers across both the Mid Market and Enterprise segments. We believe in owning the outcome and embedding the behaviours that drives exceptional SaaS customer retention, growth and the ability to capture compelling customer data and stories
“The CS Operations team exists to empower every individual and team across the CSG to reach their full potential”
- Leadership of the customer operations group - Leading strategy and prioritisation for the team in delivering CS insights, processes & programmes.
- Work closely with the CSG senior leadership to lead change initiatives building new and improved functional capabilities to deliver on the CSG & company-wide strategic and operational plans
- Collaborate with CSG leadership to define the CSG OKRs and their associated targets & strategics levers
- Work closely with functional leads across the business to enable pipeline generation, upsell and renewals
- Deep dive into our data to identify key strategic insights to improve the CSG - e.g. customer segmentation, capacity needs & efficiency drivers
- Lead the evolution of our data capabilities to extract increased value - e.g. Customer health to detect early signals of at-risk renewals and identify upsell opportunities
- Lead projects as needed to meet the CSG objectives
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for someone who relishes the challenge of leading a high performing team as well as creating and driving significant change. You should apply if:
- You have 3-5yrs+ of sales or commercial operations experience ideally in a SaaS company
- Have demonstrable track record of using data to initiate change
- You have a passion for solving problems in a strategic fashion.
- You drive value by being curious, consultative and are able to ask the right questions
- You have a track record in delivery of impactful outcomes.
- You have experience prioritising your time, especially between multiple important and urgent issues
- You love working cross-functionally and partnering with other teams on projects and are able to successfully mobilise them when needed.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.