|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB Wholesale Payments (“WP”) Global Market Management (“GMM”) is a strategic, multi-disciplinary center of excellence with a strong grasp of the structural trends driving treasury & payments and the competitive position & market perception of J.P. Morgan. Building on this foundation, GMM drives the articulation Wholesale Payments’ integrated value proposition to clients and the broader market.
We are seeking a Vice President to join the GMM team to lead our coverage and support of our Europe, Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) business.
GMM operates across three key pillars: structural trends in treasury and payments, competitor landscape & perception of JPM, and articulating WP holistic value proposition, with key responsibilities as follows:
- Structural trends in treasury and payments – Serve as the authoritative, go-to source within the firm for evolving structural trends in treasury and payments. Externally position JPM as a thought leader driving the conversation with the market. Initiatives will span shaping thought leadership, driving differentiated and engaging client roundtables / forums, feeding into WP strategy, and producing data-led insights.
- Competitor landscape & perception of JPM – Serve as an internal golden source, pulling together analysis of the competitor landscape: peer capabilities across both bank and fintech competitors as well as the evolving market perception of JPM.Initiatives may include client identifying opportunities to deploy and leverage market research, analyzing wins / losses, engaging consultant, and analyzing competitors.
- Articulating WP holistic value proposition – Increase the drive and focus on communicating the WP value prop and solutions, supported with client case studies to demonstrate where JPM leads the competition. Initiatives include: delivering value prop client decks, shaping engagement strategy for external conferences, documenting client case studies, and engaging consultants.
Specific capabilities required for the position include:
- Deep knowledge in the broad cash management, including rapidly evolving payments area, and understanding of industry trends, client needs and competitive landscape
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels, and achieve goals without direct control over resources
- Identifying implications and “so what’s” of trends, market research, data and analysis
- Strong experience engaging clients across both seniority levels and different job functions
- Strong ability to lead complex projects and work effectively with cross line of business key stakeholders
- Extensive experience within market management, product management or sales experience
- Knowledge of transaction banking, cross-border payments, FX, liquidity, channels, and merchant acquiring solutions. Trade finance and commercial cards knowledge an added benefit.
- Demonstrated strong ability to engage clients, front office coverage teams and product managers and mobilize stakeholders to drive results
- Strong project and process management skills
- An outstanding ability to synthesize information across multiple sources and communicate meaningful insights effectively and confidently (both oral and written)
- Ability to influence across business lines, cultures and various functions
- Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback from peers