Location: Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 7DY
About the Company:
Pentalver Transport is an award-winning container logistics company. We are currently recruiting for a permanent Multi-Skilled Operative (MSO) to join our team in London Gateway depot. As an MSO you will be responsible for loading and unloading vehicles in the container yard in a safely and timely manner.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Multi-Skilled Operative Responsibilities:
- Grade containers to customer requirements.
- Steam clean containers.
- Introduce manual VBS for hauliers when depot is full.
- Set up reefer set points when no reefer engineers available.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced with the correct container.
- Ensure containers are stacked in accordance with the safe system, in a safe manner.
- Continually communicate with estimators and container control, to ensure efficient working and accuracy in terms of the correct container availability on time.
- Traffic duties.
- Assist and support the Reefer department in the department with all requirements where appropriate.
- Maintain health and safety standards.
Multi-Skilled Operative Requirements:
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience in a counterbalance forklift preferred.
- A mature approach to H&S.
- The ability to ensure records are maintained, with attention to detail.
- A strong team player.
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours and overtime as needed.
Multi-Skilled Operative Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Regular overtime
- Overtime payment at time and a half
- 20 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
If you think that you are suitable for this Multi-Skilled Operative role, please apply now!
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.