|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
About J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments (WP) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's WP business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
About Liink, a network from Onyx by J.P. MorganSM
Liink, formerly known as the Interbank Information Network (IIN), is a production-grade, scalable, peer-to-peer blockchain-based network. Liink applications are purpose-built for addressing discrete banking needs. Live applications address long-standing problems in the financial ecosystem, including validating account information prior to payment (Confirm), streamlining payment-related compliance inquiries (Resolve), and validating payment message formats prior to initiating cross-border payments (Format). To date, over 400 financial institutions and corporates have signed up to join the network, including 25 of the world’s top 50 banks, representing 78 countries globally.
The Liink team is responsible for developing and managing the Product, Strategy, and Client Engagement of the Liink platform and its product and services offerings.
The Product Lead will be focused on designing and delivering on key products and services for the payments business. The products developed will be used by the global financial institutions and corporations executing payments and will focus on streamlining the client experience while reducing operational costs and risks within the current model. The ideal candidate will be process-disciplined and have the ability to see the ‘big picture’ and think strategically as we grow the business. The Product Lead will have a unique perspective on building client-centric products for financial institutions and corporates in the payments ecosystem. In addition, this individual will be high energy and self-directed with an ability to collaborate across a diverse set of stakeholders.
This is an opportunity to be a part of start-up like environment within a top financial services company where you will have the ability to shape and transform the role as the business evolves.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Owns the definition, design and delivery of key applications
- Develop, document and communicate product requirements with technology partners
- Solid track record of success in leading large-scale initiatives across various internal teams with a strong technology focus
- Able to incorporate client journeys and experiences into product design and requirements
- You are intellectually curious, see things differently, and challenge the status quo; you are not afraid to ask questions
- You have experience working in Payments, Trade Finance, and/or related Treasury Services. As a result, you have a strong understanding of what the relevant business drivers, processes and functions for a given business line are, and can leverage that knowledge in order to help shape infrastructure of the future
- You have experience in delivering solutions, from concept through to demonstrable output
- You are execution focused, action-oriented and pay attention to detail
- You have strong verbal and written presentation skills - converting ideas into well-articulated, visually impactful presentations is your thing! PowerPoint is your friend
- You are able to act independently and take initiative but work equally well within a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- You have a passion for blockchain technology and are driven by transforming existing structures and market practices in order to provide better services and experiences to our clients
- You are comfortable with presenting ideas to senior management & clients and are excited to work with vendors and startups in the blockchain community
- Ideally you have a solid understanding of distributed ledger technology and related applications, including a technical understanding of cryptocurrency technology fundamentals and how they are / are not relevant to private distributed ledger implementations
- Bonus points if you spend time thinking about how to build the new (financial) world!