|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMilton Keynes, GB
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
Supply Chain Operations
This opportunity sits in Supply Chain Operations (SCO), a division of Route Services that procures safe, sustainable, products and services that are in turn used to improve and enhance the rail infrastructure across Britain. SCO aims to deliver excellent value and service to our customers, helping the rail industry to work together to deliver a more cost-effective railway.
Our extensive supply chain network plays a crucial role in helping to run a safe and efficient railway.
Every year we:
- Buy and deliver 2,000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast.
- Operate 1,200 rail vehicles.
Behind the scenes we:
- Process £7,000,000,000 of payments.
- Handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls.
- Mechanical and electrical locking fitters maintain 468 signal boxes and 387 ground frames.
- Operational property helpdesk process over 200,000 calls.
Are you Customer Focused?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
Due to an internal promotion a new role has become available working within the Switching's and Crossings team.
You will support the management of Supply Chain in achieving the most cost effective, compliant delivery and recycling of materials, recording and analyse data to facilitate the provision of management information. You will be working within the Switching and Crossing's Maintenance team. The team is made up of 1 other Contract Assistant and you will report into the Business Support Specialist.
About the role (External)
- Support the management of supply chain contracts to achieve the most cost-effective delivery of goods and services.
- Collate data on all transactions incurred in delivering contracts. Investigate and reconcile transactions and costs as part of an end to end process
- Develop effective relationships with customers and suppliers. Develop and maintain processes for effective query resolution
- Support the team as required, to deliver a comprehensive service to the business areas
- Provide data, analysis and commentary for management reports.
- Assist in supporting the timely collection of business unit commercial information and payment of business unit creditors.
- Assist in identification and implementation of quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
Job Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and mandated processes with a high level of accuracy
- Good administration and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good commercial awareness
- A customer focussed approach
- Railway knowledge
- Awareness of supply chain processes
- Experience within a customer service role
How to apply (External)
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000
Closing date: 7th January 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
This is a 12 month FTC opportunity.
To be considered for this role, you shall live within 75 minutes of The Quadrant Milton Keynes
Please clearly show in your application how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information
Our colleagues are encouraged to work flexibly as we know that busy lives don't always fit around a traditional working pattern, if you need flexibility to complete your role (eg home working, part time, job share, compressed hours work pattern etc.), just let us know and we will do our upmost to help you to invest in your career with us while balancing other aspects of your life.