|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Mott MacDonald, we are dedicated to tackling our clients' toughest portfolio, programme and project challenges in order to achieve successful outcomes. We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.Owning to the expansion of our defence and energy business we have exciting opportunities for project management professionals to join our fast-growing team in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the most complex and challenging projects in the UK today. Within the Mott MacDonald family we are looking to attract the finest talent to be part of this journey as we mobilise for a number of key opportunities across a broad portfolio of both defence and energy programmes. All of the programmes are long term opportunities allowing you to grow and develop your career throughout.
We aim to have an impact, both on the teams we work with, and through the challenging engineering and infrastructure projects we deliver. We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:
* Assists in establishing and delivering project specific objectives
* Provide key support to the senior leaders in the delivery of commission obligations and internal project performance
* Contribute to open communications across the project delivery and client teams
* Establish effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
* Implement problem solving and decision making
* Adopt programme and business management systems across project teams
* Control the internal and external commercial aspects of project across a range of contractual arrangements
* Mentor less experience colleagues in the skills of project management
* Contribute to securing opportunities and repeat business through the high quality of service delivery
Experience and Behavioural skills:
- Demonstrate some project management and delivery experience;
- Developing knowledge and application of project management methodologies;
- Experience in successfully supporting the delivery of projects under supervision but with some responsibility;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team;
- Comfortable working as a consultant within a client environment;
- Relationship building skills -ability to build strong relationships with clients, teams and stakeholders;
- Effective communication with client's project team and business manager
- Good analytical thinking and research skills;
- Essential soft skills include self-motivation; taking initiative, adaptability and flexibility; effective listening, collaboration; insightfulness; and
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications.
- Educated to degree level
- Working towards a relevant professional qualification with APM, CIOB, RIBA or RICS
- Hold MOD security clearance (SC) or higher
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Flexibility to travel and work in different sectors and clients
- Project delivery experience within the defence sector or similar technical sectors;
- Experience in prioritising own workload and co-ordinating other team members;
- Working knowledge of project management software
- Associate Member of APM (Association for Project Management) or equivalent
The Advisory and Programme Delivery Unit. We deliver services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the Technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting, Social infrastructure. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients across the globe.
We want to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated, inclusive, recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional membership subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Sound of interest? Get in touch today!