|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is currently seeking a Senior ML Software Engineers or strong Python (Vice President) developer that has an interest in Machine Learning development to assist in the engineering and deployment of innovative Machine Learning solutions into production. You will have the opportunity to engage with multiple new and ongoing projects in collaboration with the Machine Learning Center of Excellence and development teams from across the Technology organization on areas of primary research problems as well as concrete problems related to financial services.
As a Senior ML Engineer / Software Engineering (Vice President) on the team, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
You will engage with multiple new and ongoing research projects in collaboration with internal and external researchers.
You will participate in the research lifecycle beginning with problem discovery, gathering data, designing solutions and with a focus on building prototype applications and migrating them to robust production. Your output will result in high-impact business applications, open source software, patents and potentially publications in AI/ML conferences and journals.
● Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
● Extensive programming skills in Python, C++ or Java
● Strong debugging and performance optimization skills
● Practical experience with statistical data analysis and experimental design
● Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
● Deep knowledge of Cloud platforms or Linux internals and computer hardware architecture
● Practical experience with ML platforms such as Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, etc.
● Proficient understanding of fundamental AI and ML techniques; e.g., A*, regularization
● Expertise in one or more specialized areas; e.g., deep learning (DL), reinforcement learning (RL), planning, information representation and retrieval, graphs, multi-agent systems (MAS), computational game theory, natural language processing (NLP)
● Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
● Clear and effective verbal and written communication
● Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds
● Interest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.