An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
About the Team
Our teams’ mission is to optimise our colleagues’ digital workplace experience by continuously listening, innovating and improving, to enable them to serve life scientists in achieving their mission fast.
Working in the Digital Workplace Experience team is rewarding, enjoyable and fast-paced. It is made up of a diverse range of roles, including Desktop Support, Product Managers, Service Transition Manager & Infrastructure teams. We are also positioned across Europe, North America and Asia.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Process Analyst to join our team for 6 months. The successful candidate will be required to document existing business processes, primarily for our support teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Create process documentation/workflows, knowledge articles and self-service guidance for IT Products / Services
- Collect and document of business requirements for process improvement/automation efforts
- Facilitate process workflow modelling in order to collaborate on process improvements, automation capabilities and clearly defined end-to-end use cases
- Conduct maturity assessments against the process activities to highlight areas of improvement or concerns
- Identify issues and risks, and highlight them to management
- Participate in the problem resolution
- Extract reports and provide a high-level analysis of data for review
- A working knowledge of ITIL practices would also be desirable.
- Previous experience working as a Business / Process Analyst
- A relevant Business Analyst or Information Technology qualification
- A keen eye for detail and a goal-oriented mindset are essential.
- A key part of this role is to work closely with a variety of Abcam stakeholders, so excellent communications skills along with the ability to elicit and document information clearly are key.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Professional approach to stakeholder management
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Able to demonstrate the full end-to-end process of process modelling
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.