|Job Type:||Full Time|
Introduction to Role
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. GWM is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML, KYC requirements and Account Opening. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practices within JP Morgan and the industry.
The Executive Director will be responsible for all aspects of client onboarding to include the fulfilment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) Know Your Client (KYC) requirements, Account Opening. The Client Onboarding Executive will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and will ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships. To be successful, the selected candidate must have a strong background in leadership management disciplines, relevant operations experience and stakeholder management experience. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership relative to change management and process re-engineering. The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the development of the Operating model while driving initiatives to enhance the client experience.
The successful candidate will drive issue resolution, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to execute consistently on deliverables and communicate status updates and strategic direction to community. The incumbent will also be accountable for building and leveraging a network of partners in the Global Wealth Management to drive the overall success of the Client Onboarding model.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
- Lead and Drive change and transformation initiatives
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Partnering with the client facing teams to meet all regulatory and internal polices
- Clear understanding of required legal documents and process to onboard a client to GWM platforms
- Maintain a governance and reporting structure to ensure objectives are clearly defined, deliverables are documented with associated metrics to measure output and all team members remain engaged and on track with target deadlines
- Deliver Client Onboarding process outcomes , ensuring service levels , quality and control outcomes are met
- Serve as senior escalation point of contact for KYC, account opening and reporting issues for designated clients
- Drive successful outcomes for client due diligence process, including coordinating the participation of stakeholders who have KYC responsibilities
- Serve as the senior point of contact for KYC due diligence teams
- Act as a subject matter resource on the KYC/AML and account opening policies and procedures
- Participate in annual AML discussions with clients as needed
- Discuss and escalate with Compliance complex issues surrounding client types and structures, financial products and services, and other AML risk-related issues
- Drive change and transformation initiatives
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master Degree – Law, Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
- 10+ years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
- 10+ years of experience managing large teams
- Experience in Operations management with a proven track record
- Experience managing across multiple locations a plus
- Client Onboarding and/or documentation analysis experience preferred
- Prior experience in AML / KYC / Account Opening preferred
- A "can do" attitude is a must with a passion for driving best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Foreign language(French, German, Italian and/or Spanish) a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
- Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions.
- Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
- Proficient with technology and systems and capable of applying knowledge to operations and understanding the overall infrastructure and business implications.
- Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional ways of managing the business and driving change to improve processes.
- Proactive control and risk management, addressing gaps in processes and escalating issues to benefit the business and clients in a dynamic environment.
- Drives strategic and tactical plans, including automation and process reengineering initiatives, with an ability to anticipate and overcome barriers. Takes the business to the next level.
- Drives critical thinking and proactively seeks out best practices, anticipates clients’ future needs and collaborates on ideas with others. Understands clients’ needs and impact on relationship across the firm.
- Proactive and responsive communicator, maintaining frequent contact with business partners, listening to understand needs, and taking ownership of incoming and outgoing messages.
- Inspires and motivates others by understanding business drivers, developing and articulating the value proposition, challenging the status quo, and modelling desired behaviors and outcomes.
- Resource and talent management, aligning the right resources to clients and initiatives and allocating work efficiently. Acquires and develops talent for the organization and enables others on team to develop strong relationships and follow best practices.
- Manages performance, aggressively developing skills, capabilities and successors. Provides real-time feedback to the team and fulfils performance management commitments.