|Location:||Bristol, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateSunday 03 January 2021
Salary Range£76,050 - £101,400
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for a Senior GCP SRE Lead to lead the team of SRE’s and Operations Engineers to ensure the LBG GCP Cloud platform is operating effectively, constantly improving, automated as far as possible and that toil is eliminated over time. You’ll define service level indicators (SLIs) and objectives (SLOs) for the platform, and lead the team to ensure they are met or exceeded and manage service level agreements (SLAs).
The role-holder will provide a voice to GCP consumers, identifying and supporting resolution of impediments and issues as well as providing transparency of service status, metrics and performance.
This is a leadership level role and will blend both deep domain and engineering expertise with a great passion for coaching and developing people in a “player-coach” model as well as continually developing yourself.
You’ll provide feedback into the Public Cloud Product Owner backlogs and therefore development of the product roadmap in order to improve the public cloud service and will own the SRE
related stories in that backlog, with particular focus on remediation of operational risk.
What you’d get involved with:
- Owning the overall operations for GCP, including incident, problem, availability management, on-call, manual intervention and removal of toil
- Driving operational standards, developing the service levels and controls to support better consumer outcomes
- Responsible for the teams providing incident support and point of escalation for service incidents
- Partnering with the Engineering Lead to assign the SREs to the engineering scrums
- Defining and prioritising requirements for each cloud platform and the Operations Scrum teams
- Supporting consumers to through the Production Readiness Review quality gate
- Implementing service dashboards and reporting using native tooling wherever possible
- Implementation of opportunities to improve service levels and control of the cloud platforms
- Relationship and performance management of Cloud Service Providers through service reviews etc.
What’s needed to be considered for this job?
- Experience managing a Public Cloud service or working on Public Cloud platforms in Financial Services or other large enterprises and highly regulated environments
- Experience using DevOps tooling with public cloud platforms
- Relevant CSP certification
- Understanding of agile delivery methodologies and DevOps
- Must have leadership experience ideally including line management and developing teams to excel and increase productivity
- Experience working with a broad set of Azure and/or GCP services and products
- Experience of leading operational 24x7 support services, including incident management and defining and maintaining service levels
- Delivering consumer outcomes to support greater cloud adoption
- Negotiator to influence technical and leadership decisions to achieve the right consumer outcomes and operational needs
- A solid understanding of cloud security
- Experience in managing risks and controls across technical platforms
- Experience developing metrics to demonstrate performance improvement – SLIs, SLOs, etc.
- Experience implementing dashboards for multi-cloud management
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 40% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution - up to 13% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle – cash sum of 4% of salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.