|Location:||Bristol, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateFriday 15 January 2021
Salary Range£76,050 - £101,400
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for a GCP Adoption Lead. The key objective for the Cloud Adoption team is to accelerate LBG’s adoption of public cloud platforms by supporting teams to use public cloud for their applications. The GCP Adoption Lead will lead the team which will provide advice and guidance on consuming and designing solutions using the public cloud services available to LBG.
You'll advise on developing performant and highly available solutions and will showcase excellent interpersonal and communication skills whilst efficiently working across the project life cycle and continuing to track the market trends to see opportunities that would benefit the organisation.
This is a senior leadership level role and you'll blend both deep domain & technical expertise with great passion for coaching and developing people in a “player-coach” model including advocation for the team’s wellbeing. You’ll be an advocate for Public Cloud Adoption and will provide a voice to engineers in consumer teams, identifying and supporting their teams in the resolution of impediments and issues. Your role will provide feedback into the Public Cloud Product Owner backlogs and therefore the development of the product roadmap in order to accelerate adoption within LBG. You’ll also own the curation of the GCP consumer facing document set, so that consumers are able to be fully self-sufficient over time in using Public Cloud platforms at LBG. You’ll continually develop yourself and your team with industry best practice and tooling.
What you’d get involved with:
- Embedding knowledge of the respective platforms into broader team
- Leading a team providing advice and mentorship to enable consumers to adopt a cloud strategy
- Providing a ‘front-door’ service to the cloud platforms, leading on the onboarding and ensuring the services are consumed appropriately
- Ensuring consumers have the necessary skills, capabilities and processes to operate within the platform
- Supporting and running the training requirements and upskilling on cloud procedures to consumers
- Reviewing engineering designs, offering mentorship and providing feedback on consumer requirements
- Ensuring consumer teams are aware of standards set by architecture, risk and security which need to be complied with
- Representing the consumer in the end to end experience and creating a feedback loop into Product Owners to develop services that accelerate greater cloud adoption
- Leading a team of either Azure or GCP colleagues with detailed platform knowledge and SME's on cloud technologies and processes
- Defining and managing the onboarding of consumers onto the cloud platforms
- Maintaining a consistent cloud language
What’s needed to be considered for this job?
- Must have senior leadership experience ideally including line management, mentoring and developing teams
- Experience working with a broad set of either Azure or GCP services and products - end to end design/architecture experience
- Delivering consumer outcomes to support greater adoption
- Proven negotiator to influence technical and leadership decisions to achieve the right consumer outcomes
- Managing multiple stakeholders with differing requirements
- Strong technical background across both application development and infrastructure
- Google Professional Architect certification
- Advocate for public cloud adoption
- A solid understanding of cloud security
- Experience in managing risks and controls across technical platforms
- Understanding of agile delivery methodologies and DevOps
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 40% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution - up to 13% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle – cash sum of 4% of salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.